G-Town SMP --> Laptop or PDA ?

Started by jkherson
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jkherson

Re-App me PLZ
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting G-Town SMP in the fall ... have a quick Q.

Would it make more sense to get a new PDA or Laptop?

My situation: just replaced the hard drive in my laptop in December when it crashed. Otherwise, its a powerhouse 2.0 ghz p4 from 2001/2002 w/ 15" screen. It weighs 7 pounds, so its not that portable. I only type notes and I want to try recording lectures onto my iPod using iTalk

I've seen people whip out their mini PDA keyboards, and I'm sure that I could synchronize the damn thing with my computer.

What are your thoughts?

-Jonathan
:idea:
 
You don't really need to record the lectures as they are all recorded for us (aside from some grad classes, which you don't really need recorded.) Some people used thier apples to record the lectures, but the official lecture tapes are usually better quality, unless they get lost.