gaining a basic understanding.

Started by jwtaylor
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jwtaylor

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im a freshman im college and i would like to gain an understanding of the healthcare/drug industry....id like to take some classes but i just dont have the room, i have a very basic understanding of business...can you guys suggest any books that would help me gain a basic foundation of knowledge about this stuff? nothing too advanced..im starting from the ground up. thanks!
 
jwtaylor said:
im a freshman im college and i would like to gain an understanding of the healthcare/drug industry....id like to take some classes but i just dont have the room, i have a very basic understanding of business...can you guys suggest any books that would help me gain a basic foundation of knowledge about this stuff? nothing too advanced..im starting from the ground up. thanks!
Hey, I'm a junior and in a similar situation. I'm reading this book called "Building Global Biobrands: Taking Biotechnology to Market" and learning some about pharmaceuticals. I don't recommend it strongly though, just weakly, as I'm not finding it particularly engaging or easy to understand. But, I do feel more knowledgeable now than before I started it. You may want to read reviews on amazon or anywhere about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jwtaylor said:
im a freshman im college and i would like to gain an understanding of the healthcare/drug industry....id like to take some classes but i just dont have the room, i have a very basic understanding of business...can you guys suggest any books that would help me gain a basic foundation of knowledge about this stuff? nothing too advanced..im starting from the ground up. thanks!

I also recommed books by Regina Herzlinger from Harvard. Great books and I believe she just came out with a new one although her Market Driven Healthcare book is a classic.
 
mward04 said:
I also recommed books by Regina Herzlinger from Harvard. Great books and I believe she just came out with a new one although her Market Driven Healthcare book is a classic.
just surfing through old threads. market driven healthcare is good, im working on it. i feel like im learning quite a bit. her new book is huge, i think ill stay away. consumer driven healthcare i believe.