Gallup poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlh908

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The gallup poll conerning ethics and honesty as perceived by the public was recently released and the winner was nursing, with pharmacy coming in #2! Medical doctors were ranked #5. I think it is kinda interesting how nurses and pharmacists were perceived as more ethical and honest that doctors......

Members don't see this ad.

It's been this way for quite some time. In fact, a few years ago pharmacists were ranked number one, ahead of every other profession surveyed, including clergy, judges, etc. Part of the reason for the lower ranking for physicians is they are frequently considered rude, impersonal, and unavailable while nurses and pharmacists are considered more friendly and available.

The gallup poll released at the end of 1999 ranks nurses higher than pharmacists, who are higher than mds, who rank higher than judges, who rank higher than dentists. The ranking of dentists is somewhat surprising to me...guess I had a great dentist growing up.

Way to go to pharmacists!!!!!!!!!!
Where can I get this story?:clap:

Do a search on google. As I said, this has been this way for quite some time...