Gallup poll

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tlh908, Dec 7, 2002.

1. tlh908

tlh908 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The gallup poll conerning ethics and honesty as perceived by the public was recently released and the winner was nursing, with pharmacy coming in #2! Medical doctors were ranked #5. I think it is kinda interesting how nurses and pharmacists were perceived as more ethical and honest that doctors......

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LSUMED2006

LSUMED2006 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It's been this way for quite some time. In fact, a few years ago pharmacists were ranked number one, ahead of every other profession surveyed, including clergy, judges, etc. Part of the reason for the lower ranking for physicians is they are frequently considered rude, impersonal, and unavailable while nurses and pharmacists are considered more friendly and available.

The gallup poll released at the end of 1999 ranks nurses higher than pharmacists, who are higher than mds, who rank higher than judges, who rank higher than dentists. The ranking of dentists is somewhat surprising to me...guess I had a great dentist growing up.

4. pharming

pharming Junior Member

Way to go to pharmacists!!!!!!!!!!
    Where can I get this story?:clap:

5. LSUMED2006

LSUMED2006 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do a search on google. As I said, this has been this way for quite some time...