You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Games people are waiting for?
Started by ozzie20
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Personally:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (infinity ward admitted end of this year release date)
Global Agenda (cool MMO type game, only a MMO shooter)
ARMA2, Operation Flashpoint 2
Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is going to be bad@$$.
I've heard good things about some game called World of Warcraft, or something.
Kidding, Diablo 3, and whatever else Blizzard has in the pipeline.
Kidding, Diablo 3, and whatever else Blizzard has in the pipeline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Make Love, not warcraft.
Last edited:
Diablo 3, Starcraft 2
Just finished Dawn of War 2...somewhat fun, but not as entertaining as the original + expansions.
Just finished Dawn of War 2...somewhat fun, but not as entertaining as the original + expansions.
Mets vs Phillies
Mets vs Phillies
March Madness
Diablo 3, Starcraft 2
Just finished Dawn of War 2...somewhat fun, but not as entertaining as the original + expansions.
was wondering if that was gonna be any good, it seems ok, ill wait for Diablo 3/starcraft 2.
Duke Nukem Forever
🙄
🙄
Diablo 3, Starcraft 2
Just finished Dawn of War 2...somewhat fun, but not as entertaining as the original + expansions.
I definitely enjoyed DoW II. I liked the lack of bases and the more RPGish feel. Just finished the campaign and am starting in on multiplayer now. What's different with DoW I?
Also, anyone excited about the World Cup preparations? I'm pre-med, so the money flow isn't exactly huge, but I'm very seriously considering going to the South Africa for the World Cup. Even if I can't get into a game, it'd still be awesome just to be in the area.
I definitely enjoyed DoW II. I liked the lack of bases and the more RPGish feel. Just finished the campaign and am starting in on multiplayer now. What's different with DoW I?
DoW I had the base building that I enjoy with RTSs, more races, some more units, etc. I like building a base, moving up the research/production trees, securing/defending citical positions, and amassing a nice force with which to wipe the enemy off the face of the map (or using a few stealthy/manueverable units to criple enemy production...Cyrus was my favorite in DoW II). I enjoy having to split my attention between attacking the enemy and defending strategic assets. I did not get as much enjoyment out of directing a few small squads around a number of fairly linear maps to assault static enemy locations, then combat a single "boss." I have never been a huge multiplayer fan, so I am just judging the game based on the single player campaign.
NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 😀
DoW I had the base building that I enjoy with RTSs, more races, some more units, etc. I like building a base, moving up the research/production trees, securing/defending citical positions, and amassing a nice force with which to wipe the enemy off the face of the map (or using a few stealthy/manueverable units to criple enemy production...Cyrus was my favorite in DoW II). I enjoy having to split my attention between attacking the enemy and defending strategic assets. I did not get as much enjoyment out of directing a few small squads around a number of fairly linear maps to assault static enemy locations, then combat a single "boss." I have never been a huge multiplayer fan, so I am just judging the game based on the single player campaign.
You know, you might like the multiplayer then. You don't have to play against other people. I've played a handful against against the computer, and it has a more traditional RTS feel. You have one base, but have to control checkpoints that get you either energy or power. The more you control, the more resources flow in. You create units at your base and work on attacking new checkpoints while defending existing ones. It's pretty cool.
On a different note, man, no World Cup love at all?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know, you might like the multiplayer then. You don't have to play against other people. I've played a handful against against the computer, and it has a more traditional RTS feel. You have one base, but have to control checkpoints that get you either energy or power. The more you control, the more resources flow in. You create units at your base and work on attacking new checkpoints while defending existing ones. It's pretty cool.
On a different note, man, no World Cup love at all?
World cup love right here!
Most important game of them all!
best games now: left 4 dead. Fallout 3.
Waiting for:
Diablo 3
Duke 4 Ever "not holding my breath"
Guild Wars 2
Starcraft 2
Currently playing:
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War (xbox) - never got around to finishing this one
UT3 - just reinstalled to try out the newly released "titan pack", pretty cool
Diablo 3
Duke 4 Ever "not holding my breath"
Guild Wars 2
Starcraft 2
Currently playing:
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War (xbox) - never got around to finishing this one
UT3 - just reinstalled to try out the newly released "titan pack", pretty cool
Waiting for: May 28 = end of Royal College exams = return to life and I can actually buy some of the game systems I have been lusting after for the last 2 years but, knowing my ability to procrastinate, too smart to buy before the big exam.
GanGas
GanGas
Cod5
Killzone 2 is out. It's...sick.
I like the simplicity of the name, too. It's a FPS in a zone...where you kill people.
I like the simplicity of the name, too. It's a FPS in a zone...where you kill people.
NBA 2k10
I beg to differ. Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best video game of all time.
Right now though I'm excited about Resident Evil 5. IT COMES OUT TOMORROW.
I disagree. It's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
ikari warriors 360. Bad dudes 360. The next half life. Alan wake. Resident evil 4. The next bioshock. The doom crew, Id, has a new mad max looking game in the works.
I beg to differ. Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best video game of all time.
Right now though I'm excited about Resident Evil 5. IT COMES OUT TOMORROW.
oh man im screwed...
ikari warriors 360. bad dudes 360. The next half life. Alan wake. Resident evil 4. The next bioshock. The doom crew, id, has a new mad max looking game in the works.
omg save the president!!!!
Steam is offering another free play weekend for Unreal Tournament 3. No strings attached. Download it for free and and play it all weekend starting today through sunday. Of course they want you to like it and buy it...and it's on sale for $11.99 including the expansion pack. I couldn't resist. I swear Steam is deadly: instant gamer gratification. Don't even have to change out of my pjs...
Also, Vent is totally right about Fallout 3 and L4D...Best games out right now (and for a while)...
Also, Vent is totally right about Fallout 3 and L4D...Best games out right now (and for a while)...
ikari warriors 360. Bad dudes 360. The next half life. Alan wake. Resident evil 4. The next bioshock. The doom crew, Id, has a new mad max looking game in the works.
iD also has Doom 4 in the works using some new engine they just developed that is supposed to be amazing.
And to celebrate this news, I downloaded original Doom on the 360 and smoked some imps and pinkie monsters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OP or anyone else who likes ARMA / Op Flash - check out Project Reality, a mod for battlefield 2. If you like games that require teamwork & cunning over quick reactions it's hard to beat.
Last edited:
Right now though I'm excited about Resident Evil 5. IT COMES OUT TOMORROW.
Tried the demo on the 360 and it just wasn't the same as the originals. Better gameplay but not scary at all.
I heard that RE4 rocks on the Wii though.
Tried the demo on the 360 and it just wasn't the same as the originals. Better gameplay but not scary at all.
I think that with games like Left 4 Dead and the Condemned series doing the survival-horror thing better, the RE people went for a more actiony angle. I personally thought the demo was awesome, and will be buying soon.
dead or alive beach volleyball is the best game ever. there's a mode where the girls jump from float to float in bikinis for no reason! gotta love japanese voyeurism inspired games
March Madness
Aston Villa vs. Liverpool
Aston Villa vs. Liverpool
Is there another Steve & 'Nando fan out there? What a thrashing we gave ManU this weekend.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 979
- Views
- 108K
D