Gap year opportunities in computer science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnguyen15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on taking a gap year (or two), but I haven't figured out what I want to do (it's getting late). I'm interested in something computer-science related. I haven't been able to find something like that, but I was wondering if anyone knows about a program that fits this description. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you get a software engineering job? As you know, it can pay a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the NIH if you are into computational biology research.

That's the slight issue. I have little to no experience, but I have always been interested in cs. I am currently looking at the NIH for positions.

That's the slight issue. I have little to no experience, but I have always been interested in cs. I am currently looking at the NIH for positions.

I think it's a bit late for the major CS companies but maybe look into some start-ups?

Are you from a target school for CS (e.g., CMU)? They would have lots of resources/connections/alumni that could help you out.

I'm interested in this topic too. Are there programs that teach cs and are medically related? for gap year opportunities?