Gap year research MS programs? Not GPA repair/career changer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toddgurley

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am doing a gap year after I graduate from UCLA and I am looking for a Master of Science program that is 1-year and focuses on research. I am not in need of a GPA repair or make up for a low MCAT so I am not looking for a postbac or SMP (biomedical sciences, medical science, etc.).

UCSF Master of Biomedical Imaging is a great example of what I am looking for. It is heavily focused on a certain field and forces you to conduct original research using imaging techniques. Their program also accepts MCAT scores instead of GREs as well which is important to me because I don't plan to ever take the GRE. Are there any others like that? I know USC has a couple (global med, biotech, neuroimaging) but that doesn't interest me. All I can find on the internet are very generic medical sciences degree. Thank you for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am doing a gap year after I graduate from UCLA and I am looking for a Master of Science program that is 1-year and focuses on research. I am not in need of a GPA repair or make up for a low MCAT so I am not looking for a postbac or SMP (biomedical sciences, medical science, etc.).

UCSF Master of Biomedical Imaging is a great example of what I am looking for. It is heavily focused on a certain field and forces you to conduct original research using imaging techniques. Their program also accepts MCAT scores instead of GREs as well which is important to me because I don't plan to ever take the GRE. Are there any others like that? I know USC has a couple (global med, biotech, neuroimaging) but that doesn't interest me. All I can find on the internet are very generic medical sciences degree. Thank you for the help!

Did you end up finding any similar programs? I've been trying to find programs similar to the UCSF program.