Ged?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mohammedshsh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I tried searching for a topic like this but none found.

Anyway, this is Mohammed, joined long time ago just haven't been posting as much.

I'm getting my GED. It's better than graduating early for me-- saves money from summer school, can still enroll into Community College this fall.

Do medical schools really care if you get your GED? Does it really matter if I get my GED as opposed to diploma?

Members don't see this ad.

Med schools only care if you have a college degree before matriculation.

There are a number of posters with med school acceptances on SDN who skipped high school and do not have a GED or a high school diploma.

Go ahead & get the GED if that's what works best for you. Just don't skip it unless you are sure that your CC will allow you to declare a course of study and graduate without it.

I'm one of those people who didn't "do" formal high school or the GED. I did my own thing, created a transcript based on my activities, and my parent signed off on my diploma for formality's sake. It was good enough to qualify me for a merit based full-ride undergrad experience. With a GED, you'll be good to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother and I both received our GEDs. He is a first year medical student, and I have been accepted for 2009.

Do what is best for you, stay true to your goals and work very hard in college.

The GED did not come up in a single interview.

Good luck.