Genetics and Molecular Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How tough is Genetics?

Are there any molecular biology majors in here? I am thinking about swapping from Chemical Engineering to Molecular Biology to give myself a better grip on sciences for med school.

Members don't see this ad.

dont change you major the purpose of "preparing" for med school. major in what you're interested in. do the pre med reqs. do well, rock the MCAT. develop your extracurricular interests. what you learn in two semesters of biochem as an undergrad is apparently covered with days in med school as my friends tell, so there's little point in trying to get a head start. there are plenty of humanities majors that are successful in getting into, surviving, and thriving in med school. good luck :)

Well another reason that I want to change is that I hate Chem E...I mean I do well(3.9 gpa) but I hate it. So I want to change to something I am actually interested in.

i'm a mol bio major. although i def didn't love it, i didn't really hate it either. sorry to be so unenthusiastic. if it makes you feel better nothing i learned in my genetics class showed up on the mcat. oh wait, i do hate something about genetics...the number of premed tools in my class (besides myself).