This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmillie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I've been looking at DPT programs to apply to this year, and George Fox is up there on my list. Or at least it was, until I heard some interesting stories from a coworker that got her undergraduate degree there. George Fox is a Christian university, and I am not religious but I have no problem going to a Christian school. :) I would just like to talk to someone who is in the DPT program (ideally someone who is in the same boat as I am faith-wise), or would love to find a way to get in contact with a current student/recent graduate. Anyone have suggestions? Or is there anyone in the George Fox DPT program that could share some experiences with the culture surrounding the university?
Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in what you heard, just because ;). I was accepted there and I happily committed to their program. I've heard nothing but good things from previous and current PT students. However, I don't know anyone personally that could tell me about their undergraduate experience. Also worth mentioning is that an undergraduate student will have a completely different experience compared to a graduate student.

I myself am not a religious person, but the funny thing is that I received interviews and acceptances from majority of the religious institutions that I applied to. I remember during my interview at Regis, one of the student ambassadors mentioned she considers herself an atheist and that non of the faculty members push religion onto them.

So really, don't let the religious affiliation of the school and what a person says about an institution cloud your judgement. For whatever reason George Fox was at the top of your list, then hope you get an interview so you can justify it for yourself. Really, that is what the interview is for. Not only are the faculty interviewing you to see if you're a good fit for their program, but it's also a chance for you to interview them, to gather as much information to determine if the school is a good fit for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interested in what you heard, just because ;). I was accepted there and I happily committed to their program. I've heard nothing but good things from previous and current PT students. However, I don't know anyone personally that could tell me about their undergraduate experience. Also worth mentioning is that an undergraduate student will have a completely different experience compared to a graduate student.

I myself am not a religious person, but the funny thing is that I received interviews and acceptances from majority of the religious institutions that I applied to. I remember during my interview at Regis, one of the student ambassadors mentioned she considers herself an atheist and that non of the faculty members push religion onto them.

So really, don't let the religious affiliation of the school and what a person says about an institution cloud your judgement. For whatever reason George Fox was at the top of your list, then hope you get an interview so you can justify it for yourself. Really, that is what the interview is for. Not only are the faculty interviewing you to see if you're a good fit for their program, but it's also a chance for you to interview them, to gather as much information to determine if the school is a good fit for you.

Do you mind sharing your stats? I have been following some of your posts and I will be applying to similar programs.

Reactions: 1 user