George Mason Cert.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gooble

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so GMU offers a post-bac premedical certificate apparently, yet there is no mention of their program on AAMC's post-bac website. Does this mean the program isn't well regarded?

Has anybody gone this route? As a VA resident this option would be even cheaper for me than UMD science in the evening, plus I could go full-time, and additionally its a certificate granting program.

However, I would love to hear that someone has actually done it before.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in this as well, as I'm about to begin taking classes in UMD's Science in the Evening program as a VA resident. I didn't even notice anything on GMU's website about the program. Do you have a link? It would be nice to have the option to earn a certificate if possible, but I can't really commit to any of the intensive post-bac programs like Goucher and JH.

http://www.gmu.edu/catalog/0304/cas/biology.html

Scroll down to the certificate option.

I am applying to Bryn Mawr, but I think its a long shot of getting in. If I could I would suck it up and jump on it though as they have multiple linkage agreements. Goucher is even more difficult to get in because of the small class size so I'm not even going to bother.

Thanks for the link, looks like another option. I would love to do one of the formal intensive post-bacs, but I really can't afford to right now (I think my wife would realize I'm crazy and leave me :D ). Good luck getting into the program. They definitely sound like they make the transition much easier.