George Squared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busybee3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the George Squared program? Has anyone completed the program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Does anyone have any information on the George Squared program? Has anyone completed the program?

Thanks!
Hi all! I just graduated from the GeorgeSquared Advanced Biomedical Sciences program in May 2018. Please feel welcome to post any questions you may have. I would love to share my insight and be as transparent as possible, since I too was in your shoes searching on SDN last year. If you have any academic or formal questions (such as your credentials, application process, deadlines), I recommend that you email the program directly. Otherwise, I can answer away here!

Hello! I posted this last year. Graduated with you! Haha!

Hi all! I just graduated from the GeorgeSquared Advanced Biomedical Sciences program in May 2018. Please feel welcome to post any questions you may have. I would love to share my insight and be as transparent as possible, since I too was in your shoes searching on SDN last year. If you have any academic or formal questions (such as your credentials, application process, deadlines), I recommend that you email the program directly. Otherwise, I can answer away here!

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the min gpa acceptance for their program? i know it says 3.0 online but do they accept students below 3.0?

I have some questions!
When does the program start? Also if I were to attend this program would I be able to get in state tuition at VCU?

what is the min gpa acceptance for their program? i know it says 3.0 online but do they accept students below 3.0?

Hi! I think your question is completely valid. Since I am only an ABS graduate student, I recommend reaching out to the program directly. They are responsive to questions from prospective students, so I encourage you to reach out and get the most accurate answer! Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have some questions!
When does the program start? Also if I were to attend this program would I be able to get in state tuition at VCU?

Hi! Thank you for your questions! The program begins in late-August and continues until mid-May. I encourage you to speak to the ABS program directly or VCU to answer your second question. I am simply an ABS alumni, and I want you to have the most accurate answers. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi! I Want to apply to this program and then continue to get the MSP in Georgetown afterwards. I was just wondering, I have a 3.32 GPA and I'm a CA resident, how likely did you have out of state applicants get accepted? Also does it help for entering medical school do you think? The main campus is near DC? or is it in VA? and how's the diversity like?

Hi! I Want to apply to this program and then continue to get the MSP in Georgetown afterwards. I was just wondering, I have a 3.32 GPA and I'm a CA resident, how likely did you have out of state applicants get accepted? Also does it help for entering medical school do you think? The main campus is near DC? or is it in VA? and how's the diversity like?

Hi! Thank you for your questions! Here's my whack at them! Please let me know if you have any more.

1) How likely did you have out of state applicants get accepted?
If you want concrete numbers, please contact the program directly. Since I am an alumni simply sharing my experiences here, I don't have that information for you, and I'd want you to have all the best answers you need. From my personal experience however, I am also out-of-state and many of my classmates were from states other than DC, Virginia, or Maryland.

2) Does the ABS program help for entering into medical school?
This question requires reflection on your application and stats--The decision to enroll in a post-bacc programs is completely up to you. Speaking personally, I knew that I needed a graduate-level post-bacc program. Coming from out of state, I did extensive research on the various programs across the country and considered their pros and cons. The main reasons I chose ABS are 1) The program offers the opportunity for an M.S. and in the shortest amount of time (total: 1 year); 2) I was impressed by the support of the supplemental faculty (teaching assistants); 3) Graduate curriculum (I needed a fresh start from undergraduate coursework. On my next medical school application, all my graduate courses from George Mason and Georgetown will be entirely separate from my undergraduate GPA; and 4) Personal reasons such as considering the quality of life I would have, competitive nature of the students, extended family in the area; where I would enjoy living, ect.

3) Is the main campus near DC or VA?
From August to May, courses are held on the science campus of George Mason University in Manassas, VA. Consider this your home base. In the spring semester from January to May, we have three days at Georgetown for the cadaver labs. We meet once in February, once in March, and once in May.

4) How is the diversity like in the ABS program?
Diversity is real! No exaggeration! I am quite astonished by the diversity of ABS. If you have the opportunity to do so, reach out to the program directly and request to see our end-of-the-year group photo. This is a perk of the program, at least for me as an under-represented minority. Race-wise, age-wise, marital-status-wise, and even where each person is along their journey is so diverse! But I will have to say that there are many more students on the pre-med track than there are in the pre-dental track. We had one pre-PA student that I knew of as well.

Hope these responses helped you and all those who are reading!

Hi! Thank you for your questions! Here's my whack at them! Please let me know if you have any more.

1) How likely did you have out of state applicants get accepted?
If you want concrete numbers, please contact the program directly. Since I am an alumni simply sharing my experiences here, I don't have that information for you, and I'd want you to have all the best answers you need. From my personal experience however, I am also out-of-state and many of my classmates were from states other than DC, Virginia, or Maryland.

2) Does the ABS program help for entering into medical school?
This question requires reflection on your application and stats--The decision to enroll in a post-bacc programs is completely up to you. Speaking personally, I knew that I needed a graduate-level post-bacc program. Coming from out of state, I did extensive research on the various programs across the country and considered their pros and cons. The main reasons I chose ABS are 1) The program offers the opportunity for an M.S. and in the shortest amount of time (total: 1 year); 2) I was impressed by the support of the supplemental faculty (teaching assistants); 3) Graduate curriculum (I needed a fresh start from undergraduate coursework. On my next medical school application, all my graduate courses from George Mason and Georgetown will be entirely separate from my undergraduate GPA; and 4) Personal reasons such as considering the quality of life I would have, competitive nature of the students, extended family in the area; where I would enjoy living, ect.

3) Is the main campus near DC or VA?
From August to May, courses are held on the science campus of George Mason University in Manassas, VA. Consider this your home base. In the spring semester from January to May, we have three days at Georgetown for the cadaver labs. We meet once in February, once in March, and once in May.

4) How is the diversity like in the ABS program?
Diversity is real! No exaggeration! I am quite astonished by the diversity of ABS. If you have the opportunity to do so, reach out to the program directly and request to see our end-of-the-year group photo. This is a perk of the program, at least for me as an under-represented minority. Race-wise, age-wise, marital-status-wise, and even where each person is along their journey is so diverse! But I will have to say that there are many more students on the pre-med track than there are in the pre-dental track. We had one pre-PA student that I knew of as well.

Hope these responses helped you and all those who are reading!
Thank you so much!!! Also a few more questions,
1. When did the application open up for you? Like when's the good time to start applications?
2. If planning to do the masters degree, are you getting it from George Mason? or is it a MS degree in Georgetown?
3. Hows the weather like during the ABS program? I hear weather plays a huge impact in sometimes choosing masters programs because it plays a impact in outward motivations and etc.