George Washington University Interview/group interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cam1992

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what GW's interview process is like? My email mentioned there would be one-on-one interviews and group activities. Wanted to see if anyone had insight into what the "group activities" are like. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was at the 11/11 interview. Starts off fairly typical. Meet and greet time with other interviewees followed up with faculty introductions and program overview/specifics. The group interviews are alternated with tours and a Q&A with current students (representatives from all three years). Group interview is you and three others interviewing with one faculty member. They'll ask a question and then give turns to answer (you won't have to worry about anyone being overly talkative or assertive). My faculty member tried to make the group interview as conversational as possible. End of the day was one on one interviews with the typical "Why PT?" "Why GW?" questions (at least that's what I got). All in all don't stress about it too much. I recommend getting there 15-20 minutes early to meet others. The day is pretty chill, the faculty is great, students are really receptive to questions. Good luck to anyone interviewing this Friday!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was at the 11/11 interview. Starts off fairly typical. Meet and greet time with other interviewees followed up with faculty introductions and program overview/specifics. The group interviews are alternated with tours and a Q&A with current students (representatives from all three years). Group interview is you and three others interviewing with one faculty member. They'll ask a question and then give turns to answer (you won't have to worry about anyone being overly talkative or assertive). My faculty member tried to make the group interview as conversational as possible. End of the day was one on one interviews with the typical "Why PT?" "Why GW?" questions (at least that's what I got). All in all don't stress about it too much. I recommend getting there 15-20 minutes early to meet others. The day is pretty chill, the faculty is great, students are really receptive to questions. Good luck to anyone interviewing this Friday!

Have you heard back from them yet? I too was at the 11/11 interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I was also there and have yet to hear back. I know somebody who was at the first interview last year, and he heard back around this time. Hopefully soon!

Nothing yet. Have a co-worker who was at the most recent interview and he has not either. My guess is they release some decisions next week.

Funny timing since I just posted, but I just got an email to check my GW application account, and I got in! Woohoo!

Try checking your account status where you submitted your supplemental app. There should be a letter attached if they made a decision for you all yet. Good luck! :)

I just got the email to go check the GW app account too. I got in as well :)

Just got an acceptance offer as well! Seems to be those from the November interview hearing back today.

Anyone have an idea about when people from the 12/2 interview will start hearing back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody from the January interview heard anything back yet?

I had my interview on Jan. 14 also and still haven't heard anything :( anyone else in the same boat as me? I thought they said decisions would be sent out within about 3 weeks after the interview?

Well I think they do their last interviews in February, maybe you'll hear after that?? Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes I've been checking it but my status hasn't changed in the last few weeks..All it says under application status is "Submitted" then "Invited for Interview" :/
I have not gotten invited to an interview yet, just says submitted.

I was also at the interview on 1/14 and got a notification of acceptance on 1/27. I will be turning it down though, so hopefully that gives someone on the waitlist a chance.

I have not gotten invited to an interview yet, just says submitted.

I haven't received an interview invitation either. I emailed the assistant director of admissions and enrollment services last week asking if interview invitations were still being sent out as I had read somewhere interviews were only held through February. Her response was, "Please note that our admissions committee reviews applications and is making decisions on a rolling basis and conducts interviews through spring." Not sure if they will actually send out more invitations so I guess just keep your fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't received an interview invitation either. I emailed the assistant director of admissions and enrollment services last week asking if interview invitations were still being sent out as I had read somewhere interviews were only held through February. Her response was, "Please note that our admissions committee reviews applications and is making decisions on a rolling basis and conducts interviews through spring." Not sure if they will actually send out more invitations so I guess just keep your fingers crossed!
Thanks for posting this. There is still a small amount of hope then!

Received an email this morning that my application decision was available online. I was rejected (which I was expecting). Congratulations to all of those accepted!

I interviewed on 2/11 and was accepted 2/27. I sent in my deposit and will be attending! Is anyone else in here attending for sure? I am coming from Southern California and was looking to get in touch with people for potential roommates.

I interviewed on 2/11 and was accepted 2/27. I sent in my deposit and will be attending! Is anyone else in here attending for sure? I am coming from Southern California and was looking to get in touch with people for potential roommates.

I'm definitely going there as well! Can't help with roommates (will be bringing my TWO labrador retrievers, so I'm just saving myself the headache of trying to find roommates), but I lived in DC for a year and have a close friend in med school at GW if you need help scouting locations!

Received an email this morning that my application decision was available online. I was rejected (which I was expecting). Congratulations to all of those accepted!
Same here

Congrats! It seemed like half my interview group was from CA so you're probably in good company. I also sent my deposit but haven't really thought about the living situation. But I live in Baltimore, so my moving date is a little more flexible. If I happen across others I'll send them here though. Excited to meet you guys!

how long do you have to send in the deposit?

Congrats! It seemed like half my interview group was from CA so you're probably in good company. I also sent my deposit but haven't really thought about the living situation. But I live in Baltimore, so my moving date is a little more flexible. If I happen across others I'll send them here though. Excited to meet you guys!
Awesome! finding housing from across the country is kind of stressful.

I am planning to attend GW in the fall as well! Congrats to all those accepted. I could be wrong, but I thought they mentioned the class before us will be making us a Facebook page so that we can meet each other. Does anyone know if we have one of these yet? Can't wait to meet you guys in August!

I am planning to attend GW in the fall as well! Congrats to all those accepted. I could be wrong, but I thought they mentioned the class before us will be making us a Facebook page so that we can meet each other. Does anyone know if we have one of these yet? Can't wait to meet you guys in August!

I got an email yesterday saying GW will be making a class listserv later in the Spring. Not sure about a Facebook group, but I assume someone will set it up after we have listserv contacts.

Cant wait to meet you all!

I've been living in DC and Virginia since April. I definitely recommend looking into housing in Arlington, VA or even Alexandria. It's a bit cheaper than living directly in the city and you're only a few minutes from campus by metro. It's still crazy expensive, but you get way more bang for your buck, I've found. I went from a roach-infested studio with no laundry units, no dishwasher, useless management, and broken AC to a beautiful one bedroom with high ceilings, central AC, a full kitchen and a trusty washer/dryer for about the same price. If you room with someone it's definitely worth the extra $100-200 overall and short commute.

If you don't mind a slightly longer commute, even look into Maryland!

Awesome! finding housing from across the country is kind of stressful.

I completely agree!

Cant wait to meet you all!

I've been living in DC and Virginia since April. I definitely recommend looking into housing in Arlington, VA or even Alexandria. It's a bit cheaper than living directly in the city and you're only a few minutes from campus by metro. It's still crazy expensive, but you get way more bang for your buck, I've found. I went from a roach-infested studio with no laundry units, no dishwasher, useless management, and broken AC to a beautiful one bedroom with high ceilings, central AC, a full kitchen and a trusty washer/dryer for about the same price. If you room with someone it's definitely worth the extra $100-200 overall and short commute.

If you don't mind a slightly longer commute, even look into Maryland!

I think this is definitely the way to go. I'm looking at Pentagon City, which, from what I can tell, is about a 20 min Metro ride to campus (costs about $1.80 each way). The apartments are a lot nicer for what you're paying, and there's a climbing gym there (gotta have your priorities straight, right?). Also, really excited to meet you all too!

Last edited:
Did anyone go to the Interview on 11/11/17? if yes, how did it go? Have you heard anything after the interview? Also has anyone receive an interview invitation for Dec or Jan?

Did anyone go to the Interview on 11/11/17? if yes, how did it go? Have you heard anything after the interview? Also has anyone receive an interview invitation for Dec or Jan?
I have interview for Dec 1

I have interview for Dec 1
Congrats for receiving the invitation!!!! Would you mind if giving us an update after the interview day of how did it go and how was it like?

I interviewed on 11/11. Very relaxed atmosphere, there was a group session, one-on-one session, facilities tour (the anatomy lab is a few blocks away so bring your coat with you), and a Q&A with current students. They give you a schedule when you arrive and everyone goes in a different order. Group interviews were with one faculty member and 3-4 applicants. The applicants are sorted alphabetically by last name, so your group is not predetermined based on merit.