GeorgeSquared Program: George Mason & Georgetown Univ.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was in the MS program this year, so I don't have much knowledge about the ABS program. First off, which program you do completely depends on your personal stats, experience, and work ethic. The MS is VERY difficult. I cannot stress this enough. I went into the program thinking I would get a 4.0 as long as I worked hard, but even at orientation the program directors stated how no one had gotten a 4.0 at GMU or GU in years. The material itself is not too bad, but the speed at which it is thrown at you makes it really hard to absorb in time for the exams. You are graded in comparison to the M1s at GU, and they tend to do fairly well, so getting an A is pretty hard. Even a couple of the grad classes are difficult (although, I will admit some of them are a complete joke). I am glad to be coming out of this program with a MS degree, as opposed to the ABS that receives just a certificate, but you can always get a MS from GU in the summer.

As far as "life in the G2SMP" goes....... Manassas is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, especially if you're coming from a big city. DC is about 1 hour away, depending on traffic. They tell you to study about 5 hours each day, and that is after class, which typically ended around 1-2 pm. In order to "succeed" in the program, you apparently need to dedicate your life to studying.

All in all, I believe most of my class is graduating with between a 3.2 and 3.4. Most of us did not get accepted into medical school, but several of us are on waitlists. Will this SMP make us better applicants for next cycle? I certainly hope so, but who knows for sure. We started off with 22 students. 3 failed out and 1 left because she got accepted into medical school early in the cycle.

Also, one final note, although this is a joint program between GU and GMU, there is almost no GU involvement. We listen to their recorded lectures on screencast, rarely see a live professor, and go to a handful of cadaver "viewings", not even real dissections. 2 people in our class received an interview from GU and as far as I know, both of them were waitlisted. I am starting to get very doubtful of whether GU even seriously considers our applications post-interview or just hands out interviews to make this program seem legit. Of the previous two classes only 1 person has been accepted and he was an URM...

Let me know if anyone has any other questions. I'd be more than happy to answer!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was in the MS program this year, so I don't have much knowledge about the ABS program. First off, which program you do completely depends on your personal stats, experience, and work ethic. The MS is VERY difficult. I cannot stress this enough. I went into the program thinking I would get a 4.0 as long as I worked hard, but even at orientation the program directors stated how no one had gotten a 4.0 at GMU or GU in years. The material itself is not too bad, but the speed at which it is thrown at you makes it really hard to absorb in time for the exams. You are graded in comparison to the M1s at GU, and they tend to do fairly well, so getting an A is pretty hard. Even a couple of the grad classes are difficult (although, I will admit some of them are a complete joke). I am glad to be coming out of this program with a MS degree, as opposed to the ABS that receives just a certificate, but you can always get a MS from GU in the summer.

As far as "life in the G2SMP" goes....... Manassas is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, especially if you're coming from a big city. DC is about 1 hour away, depending on traffic. They tell you to study about 5 hours each day, and that is after class, which typically ended around 1-2 pm. In order to "succeed" in the program, you apparently need to dedicate your life to studying.

All in all, I believe most of my class is graduating with between a 3.2 and 3.4. Most of us did not get accepted into medical school, but several of us are on waitlists. Will this SMP make us better applicants for next cycle? I certainly hope so, but who knows for sure. We started off with 22 students. 3 failed out and 1 left because she got accepted into medical school early in the cycle.

Also, one final note, although this is a joint program between GU and GMU, there is almost no GU involvement. We listen to their recorded lectures on screencast, rarely see a live professor, and go to a handful of cadaver "viewings", not even real dissections. 2 people in our class received an interview from GU and as far as I know, both of them were waitlisted. I am starting to get very doubtful of whether GU even seriously considers our applications post-interview or just hands out interviews to make this program seem legit. Of the previous two classes only 1 person has been accepted and he was an URM...

Let me know if anyone has any other questions. I'd be more than happy to answer!

Please share your stats with us: cGPA, sGPA, MCAT score. Thank you

My stats: 3.4 < cGPA <3.5 and 3.3 < sGPA < 3.4 and 30 MCAT

I believe the average stats for our class were an MCAT of 31 and cGPA of 3.2, according to the G2SMP website.

Members don't see this ad :)
can any current ABS program students comment more on the ABS program? Just got the call I got accepted today into the program, but I want to do a little more research before making a decisioin. It would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

on the brighter note, stoked to be somewhere for the fall!:laugh:

also who else got accepted??? maybe we can get a group going on facebook!

How long did you guys wait til you found out you got accepted to the ABS program? Also for some reason my application states its incomplete since I haven't turned in a tuition deposit but I've turned everything else in. Last Friday it said it was complete but then for some reason today it magically said incomplete. :confused::confused::confused: Did this happen to any of you guys?

Hi guys,
I'll be graduating this spring and I'm on a pre-med track, however I'm not sure what to do. I have been thinking of applying to G2 squared certificate program and Temple University SMP. I haven't taken my MCAT or GRE. I'm bio major with pretty good GPA (sGPA 3.75 and cGPA 3.89). For those of you who were a part of G2 squared program please, share your experiences. How successful was it? Is it easier to get to med school with this certificate or can I apply to Temple SMP without my MCAT and what are my chances of being accepted. Thank you

Hi guys,
I'll be graduating this spring and I'm on a pre-med track, however I'm not sure what to do. I have been thinking of applying to G2 squared certificate program and Temple University SMP. I haven't taken my MCAT or GRE. I'm bio major with pretty good GPA (sGPA 3.75 and cGPA 3.89). For those of you who were a part of G2 squared program please, share your experiences. How successful was it? Is it easier to get to med school with this certificate or can I apply to Temple SMP without my MCAT and what are my chances of being accepted. Thank you
I don't think you need an SMP, your GPAs are high enough. I would just focus on rocking the MCAT and you're golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk