Georgetown "Competitve Applicant Pool"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mastac741

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received a letter putting me into the competitive applicant pool. Not sure what this means. Is this a waitlist until May 15th?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes and no. The man at admissions said all of the slots have not been given out yet... however they accept people from the CAP up until the day before classes. Anyone put on the CAP get any good news recently?

I have been in it since November, sent numerous letters and updates, had people call for me, and have not heard a thing. It is enough to make me not want to go there anymore...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression it was a hold and by april they would either accept, reject or waitlist you. But i might be getting that confused with someone else.

Just received a letter putting me into the competitive applicant pool. Not sure what this means. Is this a waitlist until May 15th?

Just curious, when did you interview at Georgetown (I just want to get a feeling how long it takes for them to get back to the interviewees)

I interviewed in mid-January and received a letter dated February 26.

Almost 9 weeks when I got a letter for CAP.

I was played in the CAP back in late January (interview was 11/20) and sent a letter in right away. Haven't heard anything yet :(. Search for the other Georgetown forums and you'll see at least one person has been taken off the CAP. cdb190, do you know what the admissions guy meant by "not all the slots have been given out yet"... that there are still interviewees from late feb. that haven't had their file reviewed or that all files have been reviewed and they'll give out more acceptances (hopefully through the CAP) later for these slots?

also, in response to one of the above posts... i've asked mrs. sullivan myself how the CAP differs from the waitlist. they are the same and she actually uses the term interchangeably. they look through the CAP once in a while and will take people off as soon as other students decline their acceptances. your file stays active and under review until the day class starts, so there isn't a second decision later where they will determine if people on the CAP are accepted/rejected/waitlisted, etc. hope that makes sense.