Georgetown GEMS 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreed - good luck everyone! Based on previous years it looks like the first (possibly main) batch of interview invites come around April 11-13. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m hoping for the best for everyone as well! An interview invite around that time would definitely be a solid birthday present. :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the course required to apply to this program? I've looked on their website but it doesn't seem to list course requirement. I plan to apply the next cycle if I can't get any acceptance for 2018-2019 med school cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
@KEPT As long as you have successfully completed one year of English, Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics, all with the labs as well as 1 semester of college math and Biochem you’re able to apply :)

What if its only 1 quarter of Biochem lol.

What if its only 1 quarter of Biochem lol.

How many biochem parts did your school offer? And for how many weeks? They asked for the total # of course weeks in our application. This signifies to me that perhaps quarter vs semester doesn’t matter so much, as duration of subject education.

there are 3 series of biochem each is 10 weeks long.

there are 3 series of biochem each is 10 weeks long.

Hmm. That’s like a summer semester at my alma mater. Very tricky. I’d send them an email just to make sure. They’re usually pretty good getting at back to people within 48 hours. Heck, they even sent me a reply on a Sunday once lol.

Email (double check jic): [email protected]

Thanks for the info!

Just got the call! Interviews are going out today

Reactions: 7 users
Oh wow! Congrats!! Was it a 202 number??? Hope I get my call soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh wow! Congrats!! Was it a 202 number??? Hope I get my call soon.
Haha no. If it was, I might have picked up faster. It was an unknown number. Definitely thought it was a debt collecter.

Yup, definitely taking my phone off do not disturb for the week. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Interviews are going out today

Congrats! If it wasn't a 202 number, and it was an unknown number, is that the same as restricted?
I got a call around 9:10 am and again at 9:40 am Chicago time from a 'restricted' number that for some reason I wasn't able to call back.
Could that have been them or was it more likely spam or a telemarketer or something?
Not sure if I should be excited and hopeful or if I need to chill haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yay! Got the call as well this morning! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! If it wasn't a 202 number, and it was an unknown number, is that the same as restricted?
I got a call around 9:10 am and again at 9:40 am Chicago time from a 'restricted' number that for some reason I wasn't able to call back.
Could that have been them or was it more likely spam or a telemarketer or something?

Hmm I got the call around that same time but it was definitely from a blocked number. I almost didn't pick it up lmao. So basically pick up all calls from here on out lol..

You wouldn’t be able to call back, so it definitely could have been them. Hmmm. If anything, try checking your voicemail. Last year, they left students a message telling them to call the office back!

My voicemail was full so they couldn't have left one if they wanted to.
Still no call back yet, keeping my phone on me all day.
Wonder if they're gonna call back sometime soon or if they'll reach out via email... really hope it was them calling

My voicemail was full so they couldn't have left one if they wanted to.
Still no call back yet, keeping my phone on me all day.
Wonder if they're gonna call back sometime soon or if they'll reach out via email... really hope it was them calling
I mean...what's the worse that can happen if you call? Perhaps you can get in contact with them if you contact the medical office (202) 687-0100

Thanks for all the input. I'll contact them after the weekend. Anybody receive an email from them?
Hopefully there are plenty more interview invites to come - it's still very early in the month

Thanks for all the input. I'll contact them after the weekend. Anybody receive an email from them?
Hopefully there are plenty more interview invites to come - it's still very early in the month
No worries, there has to be. The only interview invites that were given out so far were for April! May invites may be coming soon

I got an email about my status. They said that interview invites will be going out over the next two weeks. There is plenty of time to hear back!

I received an interview invite this past Wednesday, and mine is scheduled for May 7th.

Hi everyone! I am a little late to this thread, but I’m glad I found it! I have a question- for those of you who have received an invitation for an interview, when was your application complete? Also, anyone up for posting their stats? I’m still waiting to hear back and I am getting a little antsy! Any reply would be appreciated! Thanks! And best of luck to those who are still waiting!

I received an interview invite this past Wednesday, and mine is scheduled for May 7th.
Congrats!!! It looks like Gtown is moving a bit fast this year.

Hi everyone! I am a little late to this thread, but I’m glad I found it! I have a question- for those of you who have received an invitation for an interview, when was your application complete? Also, anyone up for posting their stats? I’m still waiting to hear back and I am getting a little antsy! Any reply would be appreciated! Thanks! And best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Hey there, I was complete the 22nd. 3.5/500 But...idk. I felt as if as long as we were above the minimum, GPA and MCAT weren’t really regarded. It seems as if our essays were the primary assessor, with special attention to disadvantaged status :shrug: No way to tell for sure though, so this is just me hypothesizing

Congrats!!! It looks like Gtown is moving a bit fast this year.

Hey there, I was complete the 22nd. 3.5/500 But...idk. I felt as if as long as we were above the minimum, GPA and MCAT weren’t really regarded. It seems as if our essays were the primary assessor, with special attention to disadvantaged status :shrug: No way to tell for sure though, so this is just me hypothesizing

Thanks so much for responding! You were complete March 22nd? From my understanding, the essays do hold a heavy weight. Congratulations!

Same here! My interview is on May 7th as well. I haven't received an email confirming details from them yet tho..

My application was complete on February 27th.
Stats: 3.4/494. Took MCAT once my senior year.
So essays must've played a big role in moving forward.
I'm 22!
Hopefully you hear back soon!! You still have a couple more weeks.

Thanks so much for responding! You were complete March 22nd? From my understanding, the essays do hold a heavy weight. Congratulations!
Thanks so much dear. And sí, I was complete March 22nd. I didn’t move forward with my application until all my LoRs were in

Same here! My interview is on May 7th as well. I haven't received an email confirming details from them yet tho..
Yeah I'm still waiting for the email confirmation as well, but maybe this week they will send it.
My application was complete the second week of March. Hopefully you will hear soon!

So I emailed GEMS asking about the missed phone call I had on Wednesday morning. They called me back today, and said they had originally called last week to ask me some questions about my academics, but that since then their questions have been answered. No idea what questions they had. I met all the prereqs and all. Pretty disheartening given I thought I was about to get invited for an interview:/ Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed over these next 2 weeks.

shoot, received an unknown phone call and accidentally hung up when I answered.

hey guys, got the call this morning. april 23rd interview

So I emailed GEMS asking about the missed phone call I had on Wednesday morning. They called me back today, and said they had originally called last week to ask me some questions about my academics, but that since then their questions have been answered. No idea what questions they had. I met all the prereqs and all. Pretty disheartening given I thought I was about to get invited for an interview:/ Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed over these next 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, I’m sure more calls are on the way

@PureAsGold I had a similar call like that as well about my academics. So it does not mean you’re out of the picture. Keep the faith.

It's still very early in the process. I am sure there are more calls coming!

Can any former students share their matriculation experience? Did you have to (at any point) retake the MCAT? Thx

One more week of interview invites to go! (I think?)
Based on these posts, it looks like they're only sending out invites once a week - Wed April 4th and Tue April 10th so far.
My guess is there's one last batch of calls, and it's probably getting sent out tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Good luck to all of us still waiting, but time to start preparing for the worst and looking into Plan Bs (Drexel DPMS for example)

I got the call today for an interview! I was originally scheduled for April 23, but I can't make that interview date so I'm interviewing on May 7th. I'm super surprised I got a call on a Sunday evening.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the call today for an interview! I was originally scheduled for April 23, but I can't make that interview date so I'm interviewing on May 7th. I'm super surprised I got a call on a Sunday evening.
I’m so jealous, congrats though!

Hello. Hope all is well. For any other applicant who has not received an interview invite, I hope the following message brings a level of comfort to you: "Applications are still under review to the 2018-2019 GEMS Program. Interviews will be offered through April 30, 2018, and applicants will be contacted by email or telephone call."

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! I hope you all shine and have a wonderful time :) May the force be with you!
Can't wait for May 7th >.<!

Reactions: 4 users
Would anyone like to excite the May 7th interviewers with an overview of their experience yesterday? :whistle: