georgetown smp 2.9 uGPA

Started by brlim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brlim

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. I've been trying to research what my chances were to get into georgetown's SMP with a 2.9 uGPA with a 3.2 science GPA from ucsd and ultimately came here. Really trying to buckle down this year as it would be possible to get a 3.1 overall. Assuming ill break 30 on the mcat, what would be my chances of getting into georgetown with a 2.9 or 3.1 uGPA. I know there are other SMP choices, so what other similar programs would u all recommend for someone in my situation.

Thanks,
Brian
 
If you go to the Gtown Yahoo group, you'll see about 8 years' worth of constant repeats of the following conversation. Not kidding, I've seen this at least 100 times:
Student: I'm from California and I have a 3.0, am I competitive for Gtown SMP?
Dr. Myers: What's your MCAT score?
Student: Haven't taken it yet.
Dr. Myers: Without an MCAT score I don't have enough information. Generally the students that we accept with lower GPAs (such as a 3.0) have substantial counter indicators, such as a highly competitive MCAT, a graduate degree, publications, etc. You're welcome to apply of course.
Best of luck to you.