• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Georgetown, too late to apply?

USbound

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Hey guys!
Do you think they (Georgetown) already selected a class for this year? Anyone applied? Any rejections? For those rejected what were your stats (GPA, MCAT, resident/international student).

Also, has anyone had an experience with Boston University master's program?

Thanks!

TabascoMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
DC
I applied around V-day and still haven't heard back from them. They definitely haven't picked a class yet. From what i read on their forum, the class isn't completely full until a couple weeks before the classes actually start. Also, I think they give the same consideration to international students. Either way, it's definitely not too late to apply.

premed

15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
HAAAR-vard of the West
  1. Medical Student
Hey bro,

Here's the info I got from researching about this program for hundreds of hours and talking to current SMP students...

1. No it is not too late to apply. GT SMP usually don't accept candidates until pretty late. This is because they want the BEST applicants...because the best applicants are most likely going to get admitted the following year and it will look better for them. Therefore, my theory is that they wait until the end and admit the top 120 people. My friend and I both had everything in by first week of January. He was admitted with a 3.3 and 31. I'm still waiting with my 3.03 and 33. However, it seems like if you are above the 3.0 and 27, you will be fine (eg my friend). If you have one category where you barely cut it, you may be waiting like me.

2. I don't think they will reject anyone right off the bat unless they don't meet one of the above requisites, in which case, I suggest not to apply.

So far I only know of three people that were accepted into the program. What are your stats? Maybe I can give you some advice.

Gluck

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.