Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Georgetown, too late to apply?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by USbound, Mar 21, 2004.

1. USbound

USbound Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys!
    Do you think they (Georgetown) already selected a class for this year? Anyone applied? Any rejections? For those rejected what were your stats (GPA, MCAT, resident/international student).

Also, has anyone had an experience with Boston University master's program?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TabascoMD

TabascoMD Member
    7+ Year Member

I applied around V-day and still haven't heard back from them. They definitely haven't picked a class yet. From what i read on their forum, the class isn't completely full until a couple weeks before the classes actually start. Also, I think they give the same consideration to international students. Either way, it's definitely not too late to apply.

4. premed

premed Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey bro,

Here's the info I got from researching about this program for hundreds of hours and talking to current SMP students...

1. No it is not too late to apply. GT SMP usually don't accept candidates until pretty late. This is because they want the BEST applicants...because the best applicants are most likely going to get admitted the following year and it will look better for them. Therefore, my theory is that they wait until the end and admit the top 120 people. My friend and I both had everything in by first week of January. He was admitted with a 3.3 and 31. I'm still waiting with my 3.03 and 33. However, it seems like if you are above the 3.0 and 27, you will be fine (eg my friend). If you have one category where you barely cut it, you may be waiting like me.

2. I don't think they will reject anyone right off the bat unless they don't meet one of the above requisites, in which case, I suggest not to apply.

So far I only know of three people that were accepted into the program. What are your stats? Maybe I can give you some advice.

Gluck

5. rpost3

rpost3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

you need to take your mcat's before applying to GTown's post-bacc. program? why? and how the heck did you score a 31 without your sciences? i'm lost now.

6. TabascoMD

TabascoMD Member
    7+ Year Member

We're referring to the GT SMP, not the post-bacc prog.