Georgetown-Why do you want to go there, non-religious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicsMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm not particularly interested in GT, just really to maximize my chances. What are you guys writing for this?

Members don't see this ad.

come on, you're supposed to do your own research. it's like asking "why medicine"

If you don't want to mention religion, then emphasize how important academic/location/facility are to your decision to want to attend--ie. NIH, D.C. area, and even that CAM thing--complementary & alternative medicine--that I know GT is really in to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mvervaine
If you don't want to mention religion, then emphasize how important academic/location/facility are to your decision to want to attend--ie. NIH, D.C. area, and even that CAM thing--complementary & alternative medicine--that I know GT is really in to.

Georgetown is into CAM? Wow...they must be the only one. Any idea what kind of CAM they have in their curriculum?

-RA

Georgetown has an EXCELLENT program from what i saw on it's website. it fits my personality quite well. there's tons of student support.

well, I really like it. not everybody may.

Well, my essay began with a discussion of why I turned down Georgetown for undergrad (b/c I might not have been able to complete my premed requirements as a student of the School of Languages and Linguistics), and why I had a hard time making the decision -- because I liked the school so much when I visited (location, great reputation, friendly students).

I'm not religious but think all students can benefit from learning about the spiritual/ethical aspects of medicine, so I wrote about that along with the other typical stuff I write in all "why do you want to go to our school" essays.

well, i know for undergrad it's not. i had assumed it would be the same for med school, but one of my friend's brothers visited there and he said the religious environment felt "oppressive". i found it a little hard to believe so decided to apply anyway. if i get an interview i guess i can investigate further.

I hope that it isn't soo religious. I applied there because of its location, reputation, the program.

Is the secondary hard? I haven't gotten their secondary yet.

Damn that CAM thing looks awesome.

I know what i am going to write about.

That is really cool that they are open minded unlike most schools.