Get your oxycodone refused?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The laws are pretty clear on this. The pharmacist has to right to refuse any prescription. Florida has unique issues which most areas do not have to deal with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacies aren't obligated to fill any prescription, correct? I see it as a retail store who doesn't have to sell anything to anyone if it does not want to. Also, I saw pharmacy malpractice mentioned in the article. The only thing I could see as malpractice would be to fill the wrong prescription or the wrong dose for a patient. Thoughts?

Just tell them you don't have it, simple as that.

Pharmacies aren't obligated to fill any prescription, correct? I see it as a retail store who doesn't have to sell anything to anyone if it does not want to. Also, I saw pharmacy malpractice mentioned in the article. The only thing I could see as malpractice would be to fill the wrong prescription or the wrong dose for a patient. Thoughts?

According to my state board I dont have to fill anything if I dont feel comfortable doing so. It only becomes a legal matter (malpractice) if I fill something incorrectly.

Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.

Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.

I can tell you if anyone tried to sue us, i would turn right around and sue the Federal Govt for putting us in this position. I get 50 bottles a month of any oxy product which includes oxycontin, oxycodone all strengths. Determining who needs it is not my job.

I can tell you if anyone tried to sue us, i would turn right around and sue the Federal Govt for putting us in this position. I get 50 bottles a month of any oxy product which includes oxycontin, oxycodone all strengths. Determining who needs it is not my job.

Don't sue the Feds. You won't win.

Where are you from, exactly?

At night, I decline scripts that are suspicious. If someone came in with a script from MD Anderson, no problem. If it was from a known pill mill, no way.

So what's next? Sudafed refusal lawsuits? :laugh:

I can't imagine that this case actually went to court - I assume this was a settlement out of court? If the pharmacist was actually found liable for harm, then I want more details!!!