Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get your oxycodone refused?
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha, we refuse all the time, only cause we get an allottment from our supplier. Blame the DEA for this. They control the supplier which in turn controls us.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pharmacies aren't obligated to fill any prescription, correct? I see it as a retail store who doesn't have to sell anything to anyone if it does not want to. Also, I saw pharmacy malpractice mentioned in the article. The only thing I could see as malpractice would be to fill the wrong prescription or the wrong dose for a patient. Thoughts?
Pharmacies aren't obligated to fill any prescription, correct? I see it as a retail store who doesn't have to sell anything to anyone if it does not want to. Also, I saw pharmacy malpractice mentioned in the article. The only thing I could see as malpractice would be to fill the wrong prescription or the wrong dose for a patient. Thoughts?
According to my state board I dont have to fill anything if I dont feel comfortable doing so. It only becomes a legal matter (malpractice) if I fill something incorrectly.
Lawyers really are wonderful people. I bet their next lawsuit will be against pharmacies for their role in getting people hooked on oxy
Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.
Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.
I can tell you if anyone tried to sue us, i would turn right around and sue the Federal Govt for putting us in this position. I get 50 bottles a month of any oxy product which includes oxycontin, oxycodone all strengths. Determining who needs it is not my job.
I can tell you if anyone tried to sue us, i would turn right around and sue the Federal Govt for putting us in this position. I get 50 bottles a month of any oxy product which includes oxycontin, oxycodone all strengths. Determining who needs it is not my job.
Don't sue the Feds. You won't win.
Don't sue the Feds. You won't win.
ehhhh...im just saying...
ehhhh...im just saying...
Likewise ...
Likewise ...
venting...
venting...
I went a couple of rounds with the state.....got my ass kicked..
Where are you from, exactly?Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.
At night, I decline scripts that are suspicious. If someone came in with a script from MD Anderson, no problem. If it was from a known pill mill, no way.
So what's next? Sudafed refusal lawsuits?

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just because you have the right to not fill doesn't always release you from liability for harm caused by actions not taken. Several years ago a cancer patient sued Wags in my hometown and was awarded some big amount for pain and suffering. She had apparently tried to fill some narcotic pain med overnight and got declined. There are other cases out there.
I can't imagine that this case actually went to court - I assume this was a settlement out of court? If the pharmacist was actually found liable for harm, then I want more details!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 494