Getting a job in the Admissions office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullefect1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered getting a job in the admissions office of a really big name school to make a bunch of connections? It is just some wierd thought that came up in my head. Maybe I should wait a couple of years and become a secretary at Harvard's ADCOM office. haha

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh:

I am curious to know how many people have tried this and failed.

Better yet, marry someone in the admissions office. Just get there name off of the school's website, find their address on the internet, follow them to learn their routines, and then "accidently" bump into them at the grocery store and invite them out for dinner. Of course, you will by then have an idea of their habits and likes and dislikes. Conversation would be a snap. You get them to fall in love and tie the knot. Too bad that stalking is illegal.

Originally posted by fullefect1
Has anyone ever considered getting a job in the admissions office of a really big name school to make a bunch of connections? It is just some wierd thought that came up in my head. Maybe I should wait a couple of years and become a secretary at Harvard's ADCOM office. haha

They most likely will not let you in because it could be a big loss for them.:smuggrin: :smuggrin: