Getting a job in the Admissions office?

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Has anyone ever considered getting a job in the admissions office of a really big name school to make a bunch of connections? It is just some wierd thought that came up in my head. Maybe I should wait a couple of years and become a secretary at Harvard's ADCOM office. haha

ad_sharp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
You never know
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Better yet, marry someone in the admissions office. Just get there name off of the school's website, find their address on the internet, follow them to learn their routines, and then "accidently" bump into them at the grocery store and invite them out for dinner. Of course, you will by then have an idea of their habits and likes and dislikes. Conversation would be a snap. You get them to fall in love and tie the knot. Too bad that stalking is illegal.

lealf-ye

I am a super doctor.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2003
SDN
Originally posted by fullefect1
Has anyone ever considered getting a job in the admissions office of a really big name school to make a bunch of connections? It is just some wierd thought that came up in my head. Maybe I should wait a couple of years and become a secretary at Harvard's ADCOM office. haha

They most likely will not let you in because it could be a big loss for them.:smuggrin: :smuggrin:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.