Getting BS Degree..when to take PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CJay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im new to the forum:hello: and I was wondering when I need to take the PCAT. I am currently a freshman at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and am planning on getting a BS in Biology. I would like to attend the pharmacy school at UNC Chapel Hill and im confused on when to take the PCAT. I am about to complete my second semester and the science classes I have taken are Chem I and II (w/ labs) and Bio I. I plan to take Calculus I over the summer and Bio II and Organic I this Fall. So when do you guys think the best time to take it would be?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, im new to the forum:hello: and I was wondering when I need to take the PCAT. I am currently a freshman at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and am planning on getting a BS in Biology. I would like to attend the pharmacy school at UNC Chapel Hill and im confused on when to take the PCAT. I am about to complete my second semester and the science classes I have taken are Chem I and II (w/ labs) and Bio I. I plan to take Calculus I over the summer and Bio II and Organic I this Fall. So when do you guys think the best time to take it would be?

Take it after you have finished Ochem II or, at the very least, when you are IN ochem II

Take it in January if you can. You'll have ochem I under your belt (really all you need from Ochem is basic structures, nomenclature,sn1,sn2,e1,e2, grignard,etc. I got a 93 on chem section with a C in Ochem I, A in OChem II that I took about 7 years ago using study guides (Kaplan and Dr. Collins).

If you know what on the test, take it when you feel you are best prepared for it. like right after you finish taking the last subject thats going to be on the test.

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you taken Microbiology, Stats or Human A&P yet? I think you should take your time and not rush it. You are only a freshmen, you have plenty of time. The best thing to do is to make sure your pre-requisites gpa & resume is stellar especially applying to UNC-Chapel Hill.

I would recommend you take it during the summer...say June of next year. If you do well, great but if not then you have Aug. & Oct. to take it again before applying to Pharm school in the following year

Goodluck! :luck:

Have you taken Microbiology, Stats or Human A&P yet? I think you should take your time and not rush it. You are only a freshmen, you have plenty of time. The best thing to do is to make sure your pre-requisites gpa & resume is stellar especially applying to UNC-Chapel Hill.

I would recommend you take it during the summer...say June of next year. If you do well, great but if not then you have Aug. & Oct. to take it again before applying to Pharm school in the following year

Goodluck! :luck:

Thanks for the advice guys..much appreciated