1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Getting excited!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by dpm2013, Dec 25, 2008.

1. dpm2013

Pre-Podiatry
    Hi Everone,
    First time on the Student Doctor Network and I'm really excited! Does anyone have any information on the acceptance criteria of AZ, Barry and Western? I am 33 years old and only had a 3.2. GPA in college, 10 years ago. Since then I have taken all my sciences and I have a 3.5 science GPA. During this time I had been working a ton as a small business owner. I have been researching Podiatry A TON in the last several months but have not found any info for people that apply this late in the application cycle. If anyone has any tips or information that might be helpful for me to gain acceptance, I would be appreciative. I have been shadowing DPMs for about a month now and find the work great. Thanks to everyone and I cannot wait to join this profession!
    DPM 2013

#1 dpm2013, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. handoverfist77

handoverfist77 Spiral out. Keep going.
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Have you taken the MCAT yet? If you scored decent, I see no problem getting into the school of your choice. Good luck!

4. dpm2013

Pre-Podiatry
    Hi handoverfirst.... I got a 24 on the MCAT last year and have not retaken it.

5. phillypd

phillypd doing BIG Dr things
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    well that's good enough and you can get accepted with that..........your GPA and MCAT is fine.....just apply and you will do great....be sure to say a really good reason why you want to be a DPM and what drives you toward this type of medicine