Getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songaila

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides the top "three" school, it seems that anybody apply can get into the rest of the podiatry schools. There is no competition to get into the rest of the podiatry schools. I got into NY pod school and the kids that went to the interview together emailed me and all of them got accepted. However, one of the kid has a 2.2 and 20MCAT.

Like a lot of you guys said. They should really cut down how many they accept.(ohio-120, NYpod-100 and Barry-80). Once the competition is up, the profession will be more respected. Just my opinion , don't flame me with comments.

At the interview, I also asked about the 2015 resolution. It seems like we have to really show the rest of the medical field that we are competitive. Then, the "respect" issue will be a non-issue. If the pod schools continue to accept anybody with a 2. something GPA and low MCAT, nothing will be accomplished.

Members don't see this ad.

Besides the top "three" school, it seems that anybody apply can get into the rest of the podiatry schools. There is no competition to get into the rest of the podiatry schools. I got into NY pod school and the kids that went to the interview together emailed me and all of them got accepted. However, one of the kid has a 2.2 and 20MCAT.

Like a lot of you guys said. They should really cut down how many they accept.(ohio-120, NYpod-100 and Barry-80). Once the competition is up, the profession will be more respected. Just my opinion , don't flame me with comments.

At the interview, I also asked about the 2015 resolution. It seems like we have to really show the rest of the medical field that we are competitive. Then, the "respect" issue will be a non-issue. If the pod schools continue to accept anybody with a 2. something GPA and low MCAT, nothing will be accomplished.

:thumbup: Your starting to see the dynamics of the business.