Getting into Baylor???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTAPlaya10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am very interested in going to Baylor College of Medicine but I was wondering what type of applicant they want. I know they're a top ten school, currently tied with Columbia, so great grades are a must but how great? Plus, what type of student are they looking for in an interview? Do they want a researcher or what? I know this question can be confusing but I guess this is aimed at people that have been accepted or are attending this medical school right now. Any advice on the medical school and tips on getting in are extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

The only advice I could give is to do your best academically, do well on the MCAT, and try to be you.

I don't think they're looking for any particular "type" of applicant. Just get involved in activities that you like and get a lot of clinical exposure. Research experience might be helpful, but I don't think it's required.

I believe the average GPA of matriculated applicants was around 3.8 and the average MCAT was 34.