Getting into cali med as a nonresident...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear premed family,
How hard is it to get into a cali school as a nonresident? What kind of stats and ecs do you need to have a chance or even receive an interview? I would love to live in cali but know that it is really competitive as a nonresident and just wanted to know if I stand a chance? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your MSAR. You'll find that the only UC where OOS students have much of any chance at all is UCSF... which, naturally, is the most competitive.

So, basically, get a 3.8+ BCMP & overall GPA, a 36+ MCAT, get authored on at least 2 papers, be fluent in Spanish and Chinese, and open an AIDS orphanage in Zimbabwe. That ought to do it. :rolleyes:

no more thinking about cali schools for me :laugh:

So, basically, get a 3.8+ BCMP & overall GPA, a 36+ MCAT, get authored on at least 2 papers, be fluent in Spanish and Chinese, and open an AIDS orphanage in Zimbabwe. That ought to do it. :rolleyes:

I have a friend with an app like that and they got rejected from all the UCs but got in to Harvard.

edit// haha post "666" appropriate too because it's a ****ing lie.

no more thinking about cali schools for me :laugh:

hey don't forget USC! They'll take anyone who can afford it. It's true, ask anyone who goes to UCD or UCI... :smuggrin:

usc would be a good school to shoot for, but it's pretty expensive.

if you're "cool" (not your typical applicant, in the good way), ucsf seems to like taking some of those too.

Well, let's see. I'm a cali resident and I only got a secondary from one UC with a 3.25 (3.5BCPM) and a 38 mcat. Who knows what the hell can happen.

oh wow i guess there is some hope, i would love to go to usc (just a little expensive). For anyone familiar with usc if i have a 3.6-3.7 gpa what mcat score should i shoot for as a nonresident? thanks:D

oh and is this a top 20 school or am i just getting a little too excited :laugh:

oh wow i guess there is some hope, i would love to go to usc (just a little expensive). For anyone familiar with usc if i have a 3.6-3.7 gpa what mcat score should i shoot for as a nonresident? thanks:D

33+ at least a 10 on each section also.

if by "top 20" you mean "top 40" then yes, it is a top 20 school.