Getting Involved

Started by Dunce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dunce

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any professional organizations that have student memberships?
For some reason I haven't seen much available on the websites of the big ones like AAO-HNS, AHNS, etc.

What professional organizations are good for an ENT applicant to get involved with?

Also, I would imagine any of the national meetings would be good to go to as a student -- even if not presenting. Are there some that are more "student-friendly" than others?
 
I'm not positive, but I believe the American Rhinologic Society allows student members. If not, they are allowed to the conference anyway. I'm not aware of student members of the AAO-HNS, but there are always lots who attend the academy meetings. There is a section for residents and fellows but it was really boring at least when I was involved.