Getting my head back into the game....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TxRadTech

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Since applying last year and getting zero interviews I've all but closed my brain off to the whole medical school thing for the last five months....Granted I only applied to 4 schools and had a not so stellar score of 24 (8/8/8) on the MCAT...sigh...I went from being addicted to checking SDN 10 x a day to not logging on for the last 5 months. I've struggled with....am I good enough...should I even try again....what the hell am i doing....

I think it's time. I'm schedueded for the 9/11/12 MCAT (117 days and counting). Now that my brain has relaxed a bit I think I'm ready to give it one more try. Apply May 2013 for 2014 start date. Has anybody else felt like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Any chance you can scrounge the money for a prep course?? Maybe that would help bring your score up and your chances? Not sure what your GPA is or your ECs, but your MCAT definitely hurt you

Yahhhh I know what I got to do. I was just venting :) really. I won't apply again until I get a competitive score...Thanks for the reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your score might be competitive for DO schools, with your health care experience (assuming you're a radiation tech) and that your GPA is decent.

Give it your all and don't let anyone or anything make you think that you can't get in! Sometimes it seems like getting into med school is impossible, but with the right training (maybe a program?) and discipline, there's no reason why you can't! Good luck!

Don't give up! Just apply more widely. I had MCAT scores like yours the first time, and they improved tremendously when I retook them.

Hi all,

Since applying last year and getting zero interviews I've all but closed my brain off to the whole medical school thing for the last five months....Granted I only applied to 4 schools and had a not so stellar score of 24 (8/8/8) on the MCAT...sigh...I went from being addicted to checking SDN 10 x a day to not logging on for the last 5 months. I've struggled with....am I good enough...should I even try again....what the hell am i doing....

I think it's time. I'm schedueded for the 9/11/12 MCAT (117 days and counting). Now that my brain has relaxed a bit I think I'm ready to give it one more try. Apply May 2013 for 2014 start date. Has anybody else felt like this?

+1
As this cycle has finished up I have been wondering the same things. I am also in the retake & reapply '13-'14 boat. I'm trying to look at the time off as an opportunity to get some good (and hopefully fun) experiences. Plus, time off could really help reduce thoughts of self-doubt (which is bound to come up at least a few times in med school) and make you more mentally prepared.

Keep your head up and best of luck!