Getting Nervous. Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prentice25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the September 1st MCAT and just got my scores back. I got a 25N -6 PS 11 VR 8 Bio. Im applying this cycle and currently working on my application. I chose to wait to apply until I got my MCAT scores because I knew it would boost my application- right now my GPA is like a 3.0- no real difference between cumulative and science. My GPA is definitely on the lower end, but I'm hoping my MCAT kind of accommodates for it. I would feel much better if I would have applied earlier in the cycle, but now thats its getting kind of late and I still have work to do on the application, I'm getting really nervous. Im applying to 5 of the schools and ultimately hoping to get in at either KSUCPM or TUSPM. Assuming my application gets finished and mailed in early/mid November, what do you think my chances are of getting interviewed, and hopefully offered admission?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no reason to be nervous. The cycle just opened up in August and it's still very early. Things don't really start to get tough until April/May of next year when the schools fill up all their seats. Applying with your stats in November should be fine.

I took the September 1st MCAT and just got my scores back. I got a 25N -6 PS 11 VR 8 Bio. Im applying this cycle and currently working on my application. I chose to wait to apply until I got my MCAT scores because I knew it would boost my application- right now my GPA is like a 3.0- no real difference between cumulative and science. My GPA is definitely on the lower end, but I'm hoping my MCAT kind of accommodates for it. I would feel much better if I would have applied earlier in the cycle, but now thats its getting kind of late and I still have work to do on the application, I'm getting really nervous. Im applying to 5 of the schools and ultimately hoping to get in at either KSUCPM or TUSPM. Assuming my application gets finished and mailed in early/mid November, what do you think my chances are of getting interviewed, and hopefully offered admission?

Kent state is HIGHLY probable.

Temple is moderately probable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea go for it. You will definitely get interviews. My stats are around yours (little bit higher gpa) and I got interviews to 4 out of 5 schools I applied to. MCAT score will cover you :)

your numbers alone will get you and interview and should get you an acceptance. The only thing that can stop you from putting down a seat deposit is a really, really bad interview. Since the interviews are so laid back, I wouldn't be worried about that either.

Don't rush your app, but if you get it in sooner rather than later you could easily have multiple interviews before the new year.

your numbers alone will get you and interview and should get you an acceptance. The only thing that can stop you from putting down a seat deposit is a really, really bad interview. Since the interviews are so laid back, I wouldn't be worried about that either.

Don't rush your app, but if you get it in sooner rather than later you could easily have multiple interviews before the new year.

Yep, you are good. Go for it.