Getting press-ganged into the COVID mines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woopedazz

Gassy McGasface
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Australian elective lists are cancelled and I'm getting dragged back into ICU as a COVID tube monkey for the second time.

This interrupted any trainees in the US? It's beginning to impact on mine substantially.

EDIT: Also I note that we've had it ridiculously easy over here compared to the rest of the world.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Stay safe. Wear your PPEs. Just because you’re vaccinated, it can still get you.

Last edited:
Our program made sure to point out that there were lots of other specialties that had some overlap (because the first time around they threw us in with the excuse “this isn’t really useful to the other fields”). So instead of a bunch of us getting thrown in we got more IM and surgical specialty residents, as well as cardiac, GI, and nephrology fellows.

It does seem like it impacted me and my coresidents (more so for the lower levels). But we made sure to selectively give better inpatient cases to residents. Not sure how that would work in a place that doesn’t have CRNAs or AAs.