Glasgow vs SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CatDogMonkey

Reaction score
I got into Glasgow and SGU and they are very different from each other. I have a pros & cons list which considers things like timeline/cost/environment, but I seem to be at an impasse. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts outright comparing these schools? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

For me if I had to pick between those two schools, it would probably be Glasgow for me over SGU. Glasgow would provide more of a life I’m accustomed to, and would probably have a better support staff than SGU as Glasgow isn’t a for-profit. However SGU does have a higher pass rate for NAVLE at 85% as opposed to Glasgow’s 67%. Both are accredited schools with AVMA, if you plan to practice outside of the US, Glasgow is the better option as SGU you have to take additional courses to be considered to take the tests to practice outside of the US.

Reactions: 1 users
For me if I had to pick between those two schools, it would probably be Glasgow for me over SGU. Glasgow would provide more of a life I’m accustomed to, and would probably have a better support staff than SGU as Glasgow isn’t a for-profit. However SGU does have a higher pass rate for NAVLE at 85% as opposed to Glasgow’s 67%. Both are accredited schools with AVMA, if you plan to practice outside of the US, Glasgow is the better option as SGU you have to take additional courses to be considered to take the tests to practice outside of the US.
Thank you!

If you go to Glasgow you are eligible to be licensed to practice in the UK, the EU, all of the crown countries (AU, NZ, some of the Caribbean etc) plus North America. You also can extend your visa for a few years after you graduate. If that cosmopolitan lifestyle is something you're looking for.

If you suffer from seasonal depression however it may not be the place.

Reactions: 1 user