-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Godly Resume For Medical School
Started by swifteagle43
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
swifteagle43 said:If you had to build a "perfect resume" what would it be?
Skippered Hitler's Catamaran during the War.
swifteagle43 said:If you had to build a "perfect resume" what would it be?
Here mine goes
Mcat
V:10
BS:12
PS:12
GPA:
3.9
Activities:
"Leader of the French Revolution"
"Architect of the great pyramids"
"Ghandi's right hand man during the Indian revolution"
sorry the mcats way too low
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, a 10? What the hell is that?a_student said:sorry the mcats way too low
4
45408
No kidding. That's like, idiot territory. 😛MWillie said:Yeah, a 10? What the hell is that?
okay.. MCAT 45 GPA 4.0.
Developed a cure for IBS and started a $40 million scholarship fund for children in Rwanda. Did all of this while spending every single minute in a children's hospital playing games, emptying bed pan,s and taking care of all the paper work and never sleeping, EVER.
that was easy
Developed a cure for IBS and started a $40 million scholarship fund for children in Rwanda. Did all of this while spending every single minute in a children's hospital playing games, emptying bed pan,s and taking care of all the paper work and never sleeping, EVER.
that was easy
38+ MCAT
3.9+ GPA
3 yrs+ research exp. with publications
Clinical experience
Strong leadership experience, founding at least one major organization
Varsity athlete
I think that a person with this resume would be hard to turn down.
3.9+ GPA
3 yrs+ research exp. with publications
Clinical experience
Strong leadership experience, founding at least one major organization
Varsity athlete
I think that a person with this resume would be hard to turn down.
SanDiegoSOD said:38+ MCAT
3.9+ GPA
3 yrs+ research exp. with publications
Clinical experience
Strong leadership experience, founding at least one major organization
Varsity athlete
I think that a person with this resume would be hard to turn down.
Sounds like me
Yeah, right.
SanDiegoSOD said:38+ MCAT
3.9+ GPA
3 yrs+ research exp. with publications
Clinical experience
Strong leadership experience, founding at least one major organization
Varsity athlete
I think that a person with this resume would be hard to turn down.
you forgot something in the arts. Like, violin prodigy who debuted in Carnegie Hall. Varsity athlete is boring. How about a cool sport like skiing or hang-gliding instead?
btw, WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF DOING THIS? To make ourselves feel worse?!
and I KNOW there are people on SDN right now who have a profile like this... I hate you guys!!
MCAT: 41
Non-Sci GPA: 4.0
Sci GPA: 3.89
Attended Ivy League undergraduate
- President of Pre-med honor society
- Created an organization at school
- 3 publications (2 science, 1 non-science)
- Medical community service in an underdeveloped country
- Worked at NIH
- Peace Corps
- Teached in an impoverished location
- Shadowed at a Top 10 Hospital
- Played a sport for school
Did I leave anything out?
MCAT: 41
Non-Sci GPA: 4.0
Sci GPA: 3.89
Attended Ivy League undergraduate
- President of Pre-med honor society
- Created an organization at school
- 3 publications (2 science, 1 non-science)
- Medical community service in an underdeveloped country
- Worked at NIH
- Peace Corps
- Teached in an impoverished location
- Shadowed at a Top 10 Hospital
- Played a sport for school
Did I leave anything out?
Those people exist. They also win Rhodes Scholarships:
http://www.rhodesscholar.org/win.html
Elected to Phi Beta Kappa as a junior, Jeff Ishizuka is a Williams College 1960's Scholar in chemistry and has held several research assistantships. At Williams he worked on a project, funded by the National Science Foundation, deriving mathematical models for chaotic molecular behavior. He has also co-authored a paper for first year students (now submitted for publication) introducing the concepts of non-linear dynamics. Jeff studied at Oxford in his junior year on the Williams-Oxford Programme where, as a research assistant in physical chemistry, he predicted unknown energy levels in a vibrational-rotational spectrum of FeH and assigned portions of FeH's spectrum. An Eagle Scout, Jeff has received distinction as a scholar-athlete at Williams, where he was a varsity wrestler. He has also served as a writing tutor at Williams and worked with asylum seekers from Kosovo as part of Oxford's REACH UP program. While volunteering at Montaa de Luz hospice for children with HIV/AIDS in Honduras, Jeff managed and translated for volunteer construction teams, computerized and updated projects and finances, developed environmental plans, and administered the hospice for two weeks in the director's absence. He has also co-authored a successful grant proposal to assist the work of the hospice. Jeff writes poetry and has played classical piano for 15 years (enjoying Brahms and Chopin in particular).
(Formulaic, eh?)
http://www.rhodesscholar.org/win.html
Elected to Phi Beta Kappa as a junior, Jeff Ishizuka is a Williams College 1960's Scholar in chemistry and has held several research assistantships. At Williams he worked on a project, funded by the National Science Foundation, deriving mathematical models for chaotic molecular behavior. He has also co-authored a paper for first year students (now submitted for publication) introducing the concepts of non-linear dynamics. Jeff studied at Oxford in his junior year on the Williams-Oxford Programme where, as a research assistant in physical chemistry, he predicted unknown energy levels in a vibrational-rotational spectrum of FeH and assigned portions of FeH's spectrum. An Eagle Scout, Jeff has received distinction as a scholar-athlete at Williams, where he was a varsity wrestler. He has also served as a writing tutor at Williams and worked with asylum seekers from Kosovo as part of Oxford's REACH UP program. While volunteering at Montaa de Luz hospice for children with HIV/AIDS in Honduras, Jeff managed and translated for volunteer construction teams, computerized and updated projects and finances, developed environmental plans, and administered the hospice for two weeks in the director's absence. He has also co-authored a successful grant proposal to assist the work of the hospice. Jeff writes poetry and has played classical piano for 15 years (enjoying Brahms and Chopin in particular).
(Formulaic, eh?)
4
45408
C'mon, make it something worthwhile. Was the captain of the football team of a Big Ten school, and won MVP of xxx-Bowl.MD Rapper said:- Played a sport for school
TheProwler said:C'mon, make it something worthwhile. Was the captain of the football team of a Big Ten school, and won MVP of xxx-Bowl.
LOL
The pre-med life has stripped any creativity from me. I can't WAIT to get in so that I can focus on being interesting again!!
Invented the Slinky.
HELLO HARVARD. 😀
HELLO HARVARD. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
skoaner said:Say I donated a kidney or bone marrow, would that be chill with AdComs?
I don't think that an ADCOM would dock you any points for saving someone's life 👍
the perfect med school resume goes like this:
3.0 gpa
28-30 mcat
some arbitrary short term volunteering
no research
1 acceptance
This outlines how to get into med school using the minimal effort plan. Why bust your ass for a 4.0 when you can get a 3.0 and still get in?
3.0 gpa
28-30 mcat
some arbitrary short term volunteering
no research
1 acceptance
This outlines how to get into med school using the minimal effort plan. Why bust your ass for a 4.0 when you can get a 3.0 and still get in?
Also, if you led a revolution wouldn't you have killed at least one person? I don't think Ghandi would be cool with that. Also, wasn't the architect of each pyramid killed after it was finished so that nobody knew the way in or out?
MCAT: (taken while looting 3 Spanish merchant ships simultaneously ) 13-14-11 (11 in bio because a cannon went off bit about half emeters from me ear!
GPA: at Great Queens Academy for Pirates,Lords, and Ministry Men .3.89 ( I had scurvy during my second year for 4 months!)
Achievements:
Stolen the entire history of Spain pottery art- textiles- you name it I jacked ite!...and soldon ebay ..thus donating millions to OAD ( Orange a Day initaive to cure scurvy) thanks to my efforts it has been eradicated from sea ships far and wide!
Single-handedly prosecuted and dealt with justly of over 300 bandits and ill wishers..among them several who dissed me lovely queen !
I am diverse.. and I will bring in funds with my current research pimpointing why the Magentic Compas Is Off by a Wee Bit!
GPA: at Great Queens Academy for Pirates,Lords, and Ministry Men .3.89 ( I had scurvy during my second year for 4 months!)
Achievements:
Stolen the entire history of Spain pottery art- textiles- you name it I jacked ite!...and soldon ebay ..thus donating millions to OAD ( Orange a Day initaive to cure scurvy) thanks to my efforts it has been eradicated from sea ships far and wide!
Single-handedly prosecuted and dealt with justly of over 300 bandits and ill wishers..among them several who dissed me lovely queen !
I am diverse.. and I will bring in funds with my current research pimpointing why the Magentic Compas Is Off by a Wee Bit!
JPaikman said:
Second one down is hard on the eyes, eh. 👍
Those Rhodes scholars are such obvious gunners. I'm going to have fun wailing on the premeds on there if I'm ever a PGY-III and they're only an intern since they took time to go to jolly old England.Caesars0331 said:Second one down is hard on the eyes, eh. 👍
MWillie said:Those Rhodes scholars are such obvious gunners. I'm going to have fun wailing on the premeds on there if I'm ever a PGY-III and they're only an intern since they took time to go to jolly old England.
LOL!!! Thank god I don't have to be like these people to get into medical school...
swifteagle43 said:If you had to build a "perfect resume" what would it be?
Here mine goes
Mcat
V:10
BS:12
PS:12
GPA:
3.9
Activities:
"Leader of the French Revolution"
"Architect of the great pyramids"
"Ghandi's right hand man during the Indian revolution"
Won Nobel prize for negotiating eternal peace between Arabs and Jews. Yup, I'll make that the theme of my personal statement.
Post these resumes on Mdapplicants.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DieselPetrolGrl said:MCAT: (taken while looting 3 Spanish merchant ships simultaneously ) 13-14-11 (11 in bio because a cannon went off bit about half emeters from me ear!
GPA: at Great Queens Academy for Pirates,Lords, and Ministry Men .3.89 ( I had scurvy during my second year for 4 months!)
Achievements:
Stolen the entire history of Spain pottery art- textiles- you name it I jacked ite!...and soldon ebay ..thus donating millions to OAD ( Orange a Day initaive to cure scurvy) thanks to my efforts it has been eradicated from sea ships far and wide!
Single-handedly prosecuted and dealt with justly of over 300 bandits and ill wishers..among them several who dissed me lovely queen !
I am diverse.. and I will bring in funds with my current research pimpointing why the Magentic Compas Is Off by a Wee Bit!
YOU ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!
4
45408
Yeah, to an extent. There's all the "must-haves" of clinical experience, shadowing, volunteering, and research.indo said:does anyone else hate the fact that 90% of the average pre-med resume was done in an effort to conform as closely as possible to the "perfect" med school application?
Thats kinda sad...there is something sad about the way things have come to be...pushed into doing everything....whatever happened to drinking?
MD Rapper said:LOL
The pre-med life has stripped any creativity from me. I can't WAIT to get in so that I can focus on being interesting again!!
From what I've heard, this is what med school's greatest downfall is. The destruction of a creative individual to make another slave to a sick system. But, who cares, I'm trying to sign up too.
MCAT 8
GPA 2.5niner
newcomer of the year award at the adult films festival for my work in
naked nurses from neptune #3 and #6
sorority sex kittens #12
lord of the wang: fellowship of the wang
vice-president of the thespian group "gangbang brothas"
what, no secondaries???!!!
GPA 2.5niner
newcomer of the year award at the adult films festival for my work in
naked nurses from neptune #3 and #6
sorority sex kittens #12
lord of the wang: fellowship of the wang
vice-president of the thespian group "gangbang brothas"
what, no secondaries???!!!
swifteagle43 said:Thats kinda sad...there is something sad about the way things have come to be...pushed into doing everything....whatever happened to drinking?
drinking? oh mama, that is alive and well in my cavity of the woods
MCAT: 11 VR, 11 PS, 10 BS
GPA: 3.5 nonsci, 3.4 sci
Little research, hospital volunteer, student gov.,
Small school
2 interviews, witty, charming, dazzling smile
1 acceptance
4-yrs from now....doctor
Thats the perfect resume....cause its mine, and I am perfect!!
GPA: 3.5 nonsci, 3.4 sci
Little research, hospital volunteer, student gov.,
Small school
2 interviews, witty, charming, dazzling smile
1 acceptance
4-yrs from now....doctor
Thats the perfect resume....cause its mine, and I am perfect!!
11 years later, what is the resume?!
11 years later, what is the resume?!
Nowadays the standards are a bit higher.
534 MCAT
4.9 GPA
Cured Every World Problem.
Aeronautical Space Engineer.
Can Control Space Time Continuum.
I know its not as good as a lot of the SDN poster's resumes, but its a start.
Pretty dumb thread IMO.
+1Pretty dumb thread IMO.
God-level necrobump. 👍
Back in 2004, a godly MCAT was 34. Today, SDN members retake 34s so they can get that 39.
Nowadays the standards are a bit higher.
534 MCAT
4.9 GPA
Cured Every World Problem.
Aeronautical Space Engineer.
Can Control Space Time Continuum.
I know its not as good as a lot of the SDN poster's resumes, but its a start.
You forgot:
-Foundress of the missionaries of charity
-Olympic gold medalist
-Astronaut
-Found Osama Bin Laden
-Made millions in stock market
-Batman
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a better distribution than OP's dream score lol. If I could take that score back in time to 2004 I'd probably be an attending at Harvard right now.Back in 2004, a godly MCAT was 34. Today, SDN members retake 34s so they can get that 39.
Not to be a b**** but there is no reason to over dramatize the difficulty of getting into med school. Despite popular SDN belief, regular people with 3.5/30 do get in...quite often....
Is it tough? Sure. Is it impossible? Not even close.
As the economy recovers, I'd expect the competitiveness to stabilize or perhaps even decrease a tad.
Is it tough? Sure. Is it impossible? Not even close.
As the economy recovers, I'd expect the competitiveness to stabilize or perhaps even decrease a tad.
I had a better distribution than OP's dream score lol. If I could take that score back in time to 2004 I'd probably be an attending at Harvard right now.
lol yea. Med School admissions are so much harder now than they were in 2004.
Not to be a b**** but there is no reason to over dramatize the difficulty of getting into med school. Despite popular SDN belief, regular people with 3.5/30 do get in...quite often....
There are also a lot of people with 3.5/30 who dont get in either though.
Holy Necrobump.
My father invented the Toaster Strudel.
My father invented the Toaster Strudel.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 939