going to bed way too late!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cassieandcheeta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been going to bed at around 6-8am every day, and I'm frightened that with this kind of schedule I won't get a good night's sleep before the exam....What should I do? Many thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that's late! I've been trying to sleep one hour earlier each night and getting up one hour earlier in the morning progressively. Hopefully I can reach 10 pm bed for 6 am rise, right now I'm at 2 am bed, 10 am wake. 10 days til the test, and I'm giving myself 7 days to get it right.

Join the club, same here! I went to bed at noon today lol. But I am taking a noon test specifically b/c I am a night person, so the week before I will just start waking up at 10 am.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm another night owl. You can select a noon start time for Step 1?! Sweet. Is this in every location?

Geez, you guys. I love to stay up until 2, and I did so for much of M1/M2, but I'm absolutely trying to make the most of this study month, so I've been going to bed at a decent hour (10:30 last night :eek: )

OPTION 1: Just set your bedtime 3h later each day and within a week you'll be going to bed at whatever time you want. For example, if you had been going to bed at 6a then day 1 go to bed at 9a.

Day 2 - noon
Day 3 - 3p
Day 4 - 7p
Day 5 - 10p

And if you want a good night sleep you might just stop there.

OPTION 2: If you don't like the above outline you can always just force yourself to wake up at 9am or whenever you will be waking up for the exam and you shouldn't have a problem falling asleep at night.

OPTION 1: Just set your bedtime 3h later each day and within a week you'll be going to bed at whatever time you want. For example, if you had been going to bed at 6a then day 1 go to bed at 9a.

Day 2 - noon
Day 3 - 3p
Day 4 - 7p
Day 5 - 10p

And if you want a good night sleep you might just stop there.

OPTION 2: If you don't like the above outline you can always just force yourself to wake up at 9am or whenever you will be waking up for the exam and you shouldn't have a problem falling asleep at night.

Yep, I'm on option one now. Yesterday I was asleep at noon, today I am about to go to bed at 6. Tomorrow I will sleep around 11 and be on a normal schedule again. Sadly, this has been most of my life.