Going to Honduras on Monday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impulse155

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im going to Honduras on Monday. I am doing it with Public Health Brigades and one of our tasks is to teach "Nerves" to kids that range from 3-14.

We need to come up with a fun interactive game that links nerves.
Any ideas :| best we got so far is telephone lol

Members don't see this ad.

Telephone really is the best way. My wife teaches AP biology and that's how they cover it.

Enjoy your trip. Abroad is really an excellent experience that serves you well after you dental school years.

Telephone really is the best way. My wife teaches AP biology and that's how they cover it.

Enjoy your trip. Abroad is really an excellent experience that serves you well after you dental school years.

Yeah im doing an Equador one in October. I love doing these types of things and there something I want to continue if I actually get the opportunity to become a Dentist. Be able to help more people that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
You and me both! I think you'll be able to do different things in dentistry. Maybe you don't want to teach at a dental school but serving on adcom, college pre-med committees, alumni groups, college groups, and educational organizations really open doors.

My wife teaches during the year and works as a pharmacist during the summer. It works great and she loves it.

Good for you, we need more people like yourself in dentistry.

Im going to Honduras on Monday. I am doing it with Public Health Brigades and one of our tasks is to teach "Nerves" to kids that range from 3-14.

We need to come up with a fun interactive game that links nerves.
Any ideas :| best we got so far is telephone lol

I went last winter with GPHB!! Our topic was water safety. My biggest suggestion is to bring some paper and crayons and have them draw something as part of your lesson. They LOVED it :) feel free to PM me if you have more questions

1. Borrow a reflex hammer from a Doc. to take with you.
2. Read up on the patellar reflex (Knee Jerk Reflex) and prepair a leason plan.
3. Have all the kids do it.
4. Bring the reflex hammer home with you and return it.
5. Have a great time teaching and LEARNING YOURSELF.

Last edited: