Going to Interviews AFTER Acceptances !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medbound786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys;

Here's my dilemma: So far I have been fortunate enough to get Two Acceptances and one of them from my top-choice school. However, I still have two more Interviews lined up. I am debating whether I should go or cancel these two interviews.

Since I have come across several horror stories about people losing their acceptance for one reason or another, I am thinking maybe it would be better to just go to these interviews for additional backup/security sake. Plus, I feel really privilaged to have received these interviews and I just hate turning them down so early in the process.

What do you guys think? Should I go or cancel ?

Thanks for all your input !!

Members don't see this ad.

Medbound786 said:
Hey guys;

Here's my dilemma: So far I have been fortunate enough to get Two Acceptances and one of them from my top-choice school. However, I still have two more Interviews lined up. I am debating whether I should go or cancel these two interviews.

Since I have come across several horror stories about people losing their acceptance for one reason or another, I am thinking maybe it would be better to just go to these interviews for additional backup/security sake. Plus, I feel really privilaged to have received these interviews and I just hate turning them down so early in the process.

What do you guys think? Should I go or cancel ?

Thanks for all your input !!

oh the dilemmas :rolleyes:

why dont you be a pal and decline those interviews so other people can get in faster, two acceptances are back up enough

If you have an acceptance letter then all things are settled. Read the fine print of getting revocation of acceptance and keep from doing those things. This way:
1. You will save time
2. You will save money
3. You will not have stress
4. Others who need interviews can have them

Everyone wins. My $0.02.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it still your top choice after you consider how much it costs? If your other interviews are at schools that are cheaper and/or give more scholarship money, I might consider going. You never know, you may find out you really like them.

You have an acceptance at your "top-choice". If this was truly your top choice, then you wouldn't really care about any other schools right? If this is the case, I wouldn't waste the time or money. Use the money to buy an expresso machine.

Turn them down. Help us other poor suckas out here in limbo :( +pity+ . Congrats on you acceptances and good luck. :thumbup:

Congratulations on your acceptances! If your top choice is truly your top choice, then don't waste your time or theirs. Withdraw your other applications and enjoy your accomplishments.

Turn them down, unless you are concerned w/ financials, and *may* get a cheaper offer from one of the other schools, or if the interview process (and actually seeing the school and its students) may affect your "top choice" wishes.

What horror stories have you heard? After I started getting acceptances I asked myself "would I choose x school over the school I'm already in at?" If the answer was no, I cancelled my interview there and saved my money. If the answer was maybe, (depending on $ or whatever) I kept my interview. I just got into my top choice and I have cancelled all my interviews. I'm still going to keep my other 2 acceptances until I have something more official from the school, but then I will decline my previous acceptances as well. There's other people playing this game and it's only fair to give 'em up if you know you won't go there...don't waste the ad com's time and your money!

does anyone make decisions without the help of sdn anymore? people are ridiculuos on this forum

Ummm.. I haven't heard any of these horror stories you're talking about. Have lots of people had their acceptances taken back??? I don't really think this happens.

i know it's hard to turn down interviews... you worked so hard to get them... but really, you only need one acceptance.