Good Lord is your mailbox full with Junk Mail???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You register to attend ASHP Midyear, then you know what I'm talking about. How the hell do they get my home address?? Is ASHP allowed to release my home address to drug companies? I must have received 2 tons worth of glossy invitations and ads to come by their booth.

Enough already! 😡
 
yes! free ****!

I get 5 or 6 a day. it's even worse than the college junk after the SATs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I went to school today to discuss residency choices with the dean and the prof for the specialty I'm looking at...

and came home to my #1 pick asking for a copy of my CV! hopefully I can just skip the match all together...
 
so I went to school today to discuss residency choices with the dean and the prof for the specialty I'm looking at...

and came home to my #1 pick asking for a copy of my CV! hopefully I can just skip the match all together...

Cool! You already have your CV ready? 🙄
 
I have all of the informercial "educational" event flyers in a pile on my living room floor. I have thought about lighting a bon fire, but quickly realized I wouldn't even accept heat from Pharma if I was on the brink of freezing to death. They would find some way get a return on their investment (like always with the services they "offer"), but all in the name of patient care of course (smiley).
 
Last edited:
Poor Johnson and Johnson, ceftobiprole delayed a year due to shafty research. I wonder if they will cancel all of the "educational" talks at midyear due to this setback. I mean, how could the FDA do such a thing, the only violation is suboptimal science. Drugs get approved on ****ty research all the time, how does this happen to the industry that pays the salaries at the FDA? Must be the socialist movement, or liberals, one or the other.

http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/11/fda-delays-jj-antibiotic-over-clinical-trial-data/
 
Last edited:
Poor Johnson and Johnson, ceftobiprole delayed a year due to shafty research. I wonder if they will cancel all of the "educational" talks at midyear due to this setback. I mean, how could the FDA do such a thing, the only violation is suboptimal science. Drugs get approved on ****ty research all the time, how does this happen to the industry that pays the salaries at the FDA? Must be the socialist movement, or liberals, one or the other.

http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/11/fda-delays-jj-antibiotic-over-clinical-trial-data/


Love it!!! 👍
 
I have all of the informercial "educational" event flyers in a pile on my living room floor. I have thought about lighting a bon fire, but quickly realized I wouldn't even accept heat from Pharma if I was on the brink of freezing to death. They would find some way get a return on their investment (like always with service they "offer"), but all in the name of patient care of course (smiley).


Man... you hate drug companies as much as I do...
 
I love drug companies. I just wish they would spend more time creating new molecular entities (ie, actual new, breakthrough drugs) rather than specializing in paying off health care professionals to prescribe drugs and cranking out "novel" stereoisomers.

You want something to read that will make you throw up in your mouth a little?

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/112008/11232008/421630?rss=local

Eww. I'm so tempted to go to one of his talks and hear his slimy spiel....with a few choice questions to ask him at the end.
 
so I went to school today to discuss residency choices with the dean and the prof for the specialty I'm looking at...

and came home to my #1 pick asking for a copy of my CV! hopefully I can just skip the match all together...

You can't skip the match for a program that is accredited. They have to offer all spots through the match first.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love drug companies. I just wish they would spend more time creating new molecular entities (ie, actual new, breakthrough drugs) rather than specializing in paying off health care professionals to prescribe drugs and cranking out "novel" stereoisomers.

You want something to read that will make you throw up in your mouth a little?

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/112008/11232008/421630?rss=local


Oh c'mon, you know you want to hit the circuits. Is little Russ Lewis gonna be there giving some "talks?"
 
Trees are renewable resource..and should be farmed. Grow em and cut em.. Not any different than farming corn. Trees in the Pacific NW are nothing more than ready for reforrestization. Cut em... Reforrest em.. and cut em again... and reforrest em again..

Better for the environment than using steel to build stuff.. :meanie: