Good online dating services for health professionals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am posting this thread as an attempt to help a dear friend of mine.

My friend is presently specializing in oral surgery (first year rez) and has had a really hard time meeting men as she has little spare time to do so with her crazy on call schedule. I told her not to get discouraged because I have known of a number of people, including doctors, who have gotten married with folks they have met online.

I personally don't know much about good websites for health professionals but did some googling and came across the following:

http://www.medicalloveconnection.com/medicallove/about.asp

http://www.alovelinksplus.com/dating/professionals.htm

I really want to help this friend. She is only 26 years old but her mother keeps pressuring her about finding someone.

Has anyone in this forum met their significant other through an online service or known of others who have done so? If so, which ones ?

I personally know of one doctor who got divorced over a year ago and started online dating. A few months ago, he announced that he was engaged to a pharmacist he had met on an online dating service even though he never thought he would remarry!

I don't think that you should limit yourself only ro thematical sites. You should try as many dating sites as possible, if you trully want to succeed in it. And you will have some fun there too, cause there are plenty of freaks there. From my personal experiecnce I tried match and eharmony but didn't find success in it. Also I used to attent thematical sites with the same results. But I keep trying, because I saw it firsthand as my collegue found his love on http://flirt.com/ and I was in schock. He is 44(PhD in psychology) and on that kind of sites? I couldn't believe it. But I guess he wasn't afraid to try new things and he was rewarded for that. So I urge you to try every option that you can and maybe you'll get lucky.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad