good references to own?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keiki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i'm trying to find out a good place to find out what schedule a drug is (like vicodin is.. IV?) i've looked on lexi-comp and facts and comparisons (both online versions) and i didn't see that information. any other suggestions?

i need to get myself aquainted with all the "good" references that'll be useful to me throughout the program...what do you guys suggest that we should own? i've heard over and over again the drug information handbook and maybe facts and comparisons.. any other suggestions?

thank you!!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

ok i just realized that we kinda discussed this already in the "good pill book" thread.. sorry...

so...
-lexi comp
-tarascon pocket pharmacopoeia

... any others?:(

I'll go ahead and sound like a broken record and say Lexi-Comp's Drug Information Handbook (by Lacy). Look under the generic name of hydrocodone/apap, and you'll see under the subheading "Restrictions" that it is indeed a CIII.

This info is also on eFacts (online facts and comparisons). Look up "narcotic analgesic combinations". The restriction (schedule) is listed on the far left hand column.

Try to get Micromedex installed on your laptop (if your school has it). I use that quite frequently. Other references? Well, they're not quite references, but I own a Remington's, DiPiro's Pharmacotherapy, Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Koda-Kimble's Applied Therapeutics, and a number of medical encyclopedias and dictionaries. Getting all of those might be overkill for you, they are quite expensive texts.

Members don't see this ad :)
er ok sorry for being naive.. i was wondering if the restriction was the same thing as schedule... that's why i'm in school (and sdn).. to learn!!! thanks.

Hey Cake,

Why don't you change your location to Boston? I know you're all ashamed n stuff, but let honestly prevail;)

Cake! You're ashamed of going to MCPHS Boston?! ;)

alright tri stop putting words in my mouth... i forgot that i even had a location on there.... i'll do it now just for you.. :rolleyes: haha

That's more like it Cake!!!!!!!!!;)