Good time in semester to ask for LOR?

Started by Snickerdoodle1996
Tags Tags
lor
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Snickerdoodle1996

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is it a good time time to ask for all of my letters of rec? Currently I am in classes with all 3 of the professors that I plan on asking. Two of my science professors I haven't had before are, and my non-science which I had last year (I would feel comfortable asking her now). I am not sure if enough time has gone by in the semester to ask for LOR? I have put in an effort to get to know both of the science professors. I also have an additional one that I might ask if one of those don't work out but can't do that until the spring once i have the class. My school has a committee letter with letters being due May 1st. So should I ask nowish or wait and ask right when the semester ends? (I dont want to come back next semester after time has gone by)
 
When is it a good time time to ask for all of my letters of rec? Currently I am in classes with all 3 of the professors that I plan on asking. Two of my science professors I haven't had before are, and my non-science which I had last year (I would feel comfortable asking her now). I am not sure if enough time has gone by in the semester to ask for LOR? I have put in an effort to get to know both of the science professors. I also have an additional one that I might ask if one of those don't work out but can't do that until the spring once i have the class. My school has a committee letter with letters being due May 1st. So should I ask nowish or wait and ask right when the semester ends? (I dont want to come back next semester after time has gone by)
Best to ask after the final grade for the current course is known, even with the prof you've had before.