Got a Damn B in my summer course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just found out a got a friggen B in Microbiology this summer. I already have a low GPA, 3.04 with a 2.81 science. I was hoping for an A to bump my science up to around a 2.9 and then with the other class I am taking to get it up to a 3.0 but I am deffinitely not going to do that now. I am applying this summer and feel that with my 25 MCAT that I am pretty much out of luck. Maybe I am just ranting, sorry for that, but it just seems that when I do things to try to improve my standing that I get screwed over despite my best efforts. So I guess this post was to just vent a little and maybe get a few encouraging words to keep plugging and that I still might have a shot. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

redwings54 said:
So I just found out a got a friggen B in Microbiology this summer. I already have a low GPA, 3.04 with a 2.81 science. I was hoping for an A to bump my science up to around a 2.9 and then with the other class I am taking to get it up to a 3.0 but I am deffinitely not going to do that now. I am applying this summer and feel that with my 25 MCAT that I am pretty much out of luck. Maybe I am just ranting, sorry for that, but it just seems that when I do things to try to improve my standing that I get screwed over despite my best efforts. So I guess this post was to just vent a little and maybe get a few encouraging words to keep plugging and that I still might have a shot. Thanks.

Keep plugging dude, you still have a shot :) Seriously though, I think you might want to look into a postbac. That would be the best way to show that you're ready to handle a rigorous science courseload. Good luck.