You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Got a retail job, any advice?
Started by FenderBender
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I landed a retail job with an independent store. I know I have to know all the laws and double check everything. Any other advice? I'm nervous about my first job as a licensed pharmacist!![]()
How's the benefit? 401K, Health, Vacation, Sick days etc?
How's the benefit? 401K, Health, Vacation, Sick days etc?
No medical insurance and 401K...but I guarantee it will be better than working at a high volume store like Walgreens or CVS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No medical insurance and 401K...but I guarantee it will be better than working at a high volume store like Walgreens or CVS.
Have you priced health/dental/vision insurance?
Have you priced health/dental/vision insurance?
To be honest, I don't know how to do that. I'm still figuring out what I need to do with Obama's new health plan.
Checklist:
1. Diapers
2. Dr. Scholl's gel soles
3. preparation H
4. More diapers
5. ....i think that covers it
1. Diapers
2. Dr. Scholl's gel soles
3. preparation H
4. More diapers
5. ....i think that covers it
Checklist:
1. Diapers
2. Dr. Scholl's gel soles
3. preparation H
4. More diapers
5. ....i think that covers it
If we're so boring......why do you keep coming back?
When you buy your own healthcare (im thinkin it costs what around $15k?) , can you pay for that pre-tax somehow? or only with after tax money?
I would not take a job without benefits......
To be honest, I don't know how to do that. I'm still figuring out what I need to do with Obama's new health plan.
Obama plan will increase our income taxes.
But you really need to price out comprehensive health insurance.. maternity insurance is fairly useless when you buy one..you might as well pay cash for it.. I think it ends up being about $10,000 to have a baby if non-c section.. I don't know.
401K matching is also huge + 401K contribution is pre-tax..
If you're going to eventually buy this indy joint..that's another story. But don't underestimate the value of benefits.
Last edited:
I landed a retail job with an independent store. I know I have to know all the laws and double check everything. Any other advice? I'm nervous about my first job as a licensed pharmacist!![]()
Congrats on the job.
And remember to wear sunscreen.
congratulations on the new job.
Just be sure to get health insurance, dental, etc. because nearly 1/2 of all bankruptcies are due to health bills.
Ah hell just work out payment plans with the hospital. They'd much rather have the money trickle in then write it off.
