got an interview call from NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Khurram said:
Hey guys,
i still havn'et heard anytyhing from NYU...but then again the mail has been delayed everyone is saying andi'm all the way in pakistan so getting it here might take ages! i wish someone could who is in teh states could call NYU for me and ask them if anything has been mailed to me..because of the time difference here i dont have a proper time that i can call and get a hold of them..anyone willing to call them for me? if they have sent something can u give them this fax number 011 92 42 5760460 and tell them to fax any correspondonce to me because of the unreliable mail system...thanks to anybody who does this for me! my full name u can give is Khurram Asgher
waiting anxiously :(
hi

just a suggestion,why dont u email them?they will be really helpful.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Robot123 said:
hi prady,
don't get upset, this is just a matter of time. you will surely get a call. when did you apply?
thanks robot123for the consolation!i had applied by the month of october.when did u apply?

hi srestha,
i got interview on feb 24th. i would like to speak with u regarding how to be ready for the interview. please call me at 815-793-0333, or pls give me ur phone number so that i could call u back.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi meka,
i had applied in sept 2003. i got interview call on 26th jan 2004. i've scheduled interview on feb 24th. just thought i would some info about me. my stats are... 83, 256, 3.45 wes.

1star.

just an edition.....

well... i applied in sept "2003", i got interview call on 24th jan "2005" and i have scheduled it on 24th feb "2005"..... well... toefl 257.

thanks.
1star.

Hi,

I have 82 score and I am really excited that u got the call with 83. may be there is still hope for me, what so u think and please make sure u post ur experience at the interview and also the rest of the students average scores,
thanks

denzel said:
Hi,

I have 82 score and I am really excited that u got the call with 83. may be there is still hope for me, what so u think and please make sure u post ur experience at the interview and also the rest of the students average scores,
thanks
hey denzel i'm still waiting too..i got an 84...good to hear about the 83 call but they have got the call way back in jan so it' smaking me worrry cuz i have not been called yet...everytime i email amy i get the same answer...my application is under review...i'ts so nerve racking and i'm really getting worried now...keep in touch and let me know any updates
good luck
khurram

well nyu is end. why you ??

mekha said:
no one in this world can get a score of 256 in tofel , tofel score can end only in 0 , 7 or 3 ,.think abt the post !!! that can be 250 , 253 or 257!!!

hi meka,

good that u brought out a silly but intresting point regarding the toefl scores. well, even before u talk about the scores, better know what the heck u r talking about...."TOFEL" OR "TOEFL".
HEY "KID"... STOP FINDING FAULTS AND RIDICULING AT OTHERS FOR SILLY THINGS.

1STAR.

Hi guys,
I have been browsing the forum but never participate. I got an interview call from NYU as well and scheduled it for March 17 because they did not have anything earlier and
there is one week of spring break in March and no interview will be held, so subtract 12 people out of this month. The thing that forced me to reply to all of you guys is selection process at NYU. As all of you know that there will be only one-to-one interview for each of us who has been selected and we will be interviewing by different people. My question is how they do their selection afterwards if assuming that all interviewers would like their interviewed and would think that they are good match for their program? Do you know who is “the boss” who usually makes a decision in NYU? Some of you who have been interviewed already in Upenn know that over there are two people who are in charge of decision – Dr. Lopez and Dr. Berhold. Does anybody know is it the same in New York? I would like to ask people who have already had their interview to share with us names of the people they were interviewed by, so at the very least we can know ahead of time whom we will meet. If you know somebody already students in NYU they might be of help giving some prospective regarding this question. Please share your ideas, because i think it is a key for admission....
:confused:

hi! congradulations!!!! i am nishu from india right now in va and i am so lost n dont know what to do and where to start from...i thought your guidance will be more than helpful...will u plz let me know how to aplly for exam what materials to collect the best ones u read from n from where to get info about part1 n 2...plz plz plz plz reply bye

SiMpLy IrReSiStAbLe said:
I dont think all the people who get acceptance letters from NYU would join the school. many of them might end up getting acceptance from other schools and might opt to choose other schools ( based on the fees, course duration, for their own reasons, etc).

RUN and don't look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

i have an interview on mar 3, does anyone have it on the same day, please post.

bluetooth said:
Hi guys,

Good Luck. :thumbup: Would you please post your stats? Thanks.

rahmed

Members don't see this ad :)
bluetooth said:
Hi guys,

hi blue tooth,
could u tell me when did u apply and what is ur status

I applied in dec. My status, part-1 92, toefl 253 and GPA 4

bluetooth said:
I applied in dec. My status, part-1 92, toefl 253 and GPA 4
hi blue tooth, all the very best for ur interveiw.i applied in the end of jan.are there chances of getting call from them.my status is,93,3.72,247.

Hi spowari,

U have great credentials, keep u r fingers crossed, u definetly have good chance, all the best.

Hey bluetooth I also have an interview at NYU on 3rd march. Hope to see u there. anyone else on the same date ?

hi, i`ve interview on 24th feb, is anybody giving interview on the same day? plz let me know...... :)

Saira said:
Hey bluetooth I also have an interview at NYU on 3rd march. Hope to see u there. anyone else on the same date ?

hi,
I have an interview on 3 of march.Please if somebody could tell me what were the questions.

Saira said:

Hi,

I am looking for someone to share a room with me for the interview, If u already have one i would like to share too, please let me know.

When I call up NYU to ask about status of my application, they don't tell me anything but (after looking into database for my name) they say I would hear from them in a week or so. Any ideas what it might mean?

Did(/Does) NYU send any denial/refusal to anyone?

Do they send interview letters only in batches?

Thanks a lot!

gpsbhattal said:
hi, i`ve interview on 24th feb, is anybody giving interview on the same day? plz let me know...... :)
Hi Gurprakash,
Good luck for the interview.I am sure you will make it.Tell me how many people were there in the interview and was there anyone from California.
Thanks
Gagan

hi gagan, how`s goin?
it was a wonderful experience for me at NYU, everything went well. i hope to get in there soon. there were 14 ppl for the interview ,9 galz n 5 boys, and out of 14, 10 were from INDIA. interview was cool, one thing really u shd appreciate about NYU ppl is that they conduct interviews first and then give the tour and lunch etc. we were done with our interviews with in 1 hour, so it was very relaxing atmosphere there. Nyu staff was very friendly, they treat u reaaly well, u feel like at home.

thanks-GP :)

QUOTE=Gagan]Hi Gurprakash,
Good luck for the interview.I am sure you will make it.Tell me how many people were there in the interview and was there anyone from California.
Thanks
Gagan[/QUOTE]

hi gps
CONGRATULATIONS!!ON GETTIN ACCEPTANCE FROM NYU.
CAN i KNOW WAT WAS UR SCORE IN PART 1.
BYE TAKE CARE
TANUJ

I called up NYU 3 months back. I was told " It's under review"
I called up NYU 2 months back. I was told " It's under review"
Then I called about a month back. Again I got the same reply "It's under review". It looked as if I was listening to some scratched up CD which wouldn't go any further. :mad:
Finally, I got an Interview call. So I quickly opened the Chennai TTS page[ I live in Chennai } to apply for the visa and to my horror, got an appointment somewhere in June :eek: I tried Delhi and got a date in May
So I have opted for Calcutta now and have got 14'th April as the visa interview date.

My Advice to people living in India, expecting a call = Just apply for the visa interview rightaway. You will have problems otherwise. And anyway, you can always cancel it godforbid you don't get a call

My scores
Part 1 - 85
Toefl -280 [something]
GPA 3.6

gpsbhattal said:
it was a wonderful experience for me at NYU, everything went well. i hope to get in there soon. there were 14 ppl for the interview ,9 galz n 5 boys, and out of 14, 10 were from INDIA. interview was cool, one thing really u shd appreciate about NYU ppl is that they conduct interviews first and then give the tour and lunch etc. we were done with our interviews with in 1 hour, so it was very relaxing atmosphere there. Nyu staff was very friendly, they treat u reaaly well, u feel like at home.

thanks-GP :)

QUOTE=Gagan]

Hi guys,

Interview was cool..It was nice meeting couple of sdners on feb24th..Hope we get our results in 2 weeks :thumbup:

I will be attending the interview on the 21st of April. Too bad I couldn't make it earlier thanks to the visa interview. Wondering if anyone else from sdn would be there on that particular day [I promise not to bite]

All the best to all

hi,
i was wondering that do the people with score between 80-85 stand any chance to be invited for the interview from nyu, or are we wasting our time!!!!
still waiting to get the call

Hiya Inder. I have been asked to come to NYU on 24'th of March. My part 1 score was 85. So keep your fingers crossed. You might get a call in a week or 2
All the best

inder said:
hi,
i was wondering that do the people with score between 80-85 stand any chance to be invited for the interview from nyu, or are we wasting our time!!!!
still waiting to get the call
Hey inder,
i got an 84 and i'm still waiting too...it sucks i know..the wait is killing me and every day that passes i feel less and less chance...i do know that they are interviewing till the end of april though..so we still have april to be booked...best of luck...hey ajaydas nice to see u back on the boards it's been a while..congrats on the call and good luck...
see ya
khurram

Well guys, at last I got the interview call from NYU today. Scheduled an interview for March 31. Anyone else going that day? :D

rahmed

please can u tell me your part1 score ,rahmed

inder said:
please can u tell me your part1 score ,rahmed

It's there in this thread earlier on, but I will post again.

rahmed

part 1 86
toefl 273
gpa 3.79

hh
:) hey guys
i'm new to this thread,i've been going thru them since 3days.its very comforting to hear from u all.
i'm waiting for interview too from nyu.
my status
nbde-85
toefl-250
gpa-3.5
so all u there who got interview call,congrats.
n good luck for all waiting
i've applied in the mth of nov n still din't get any call. :(

Wondering if I am the only person from SDN going on 24'th of march

hi guys,
i got interveiw letter yesterday.i'll call them up today and schedule my interveiw.

rahmed said:
Well guys, at last I got the interview call from NYU today. Scheduled an interview for March 31. Anyone else going that day? :D

rahmed
hi rahmed,
i've scheduled it for march31 too.

spowari said:
hi rahmed,
i've scheduled it for march31 too.

OK see you there then. Where are you based?

rahmed

rahmed said:

rahmed
congrats u have made it finally,all the best for ur interview :thumbup:

spowari said:
hi guys,
i got interveiw letter yesterday.i'll call them up today and schedule my interveiw.
congrats for the interview call do let us all know about ur experience.
:thumbup:

profile76 said:
hh
:) hey guys
i'm new to this thread,i've been going thru them since 3days.its very comforting to hear from u all.
i'm waiting for interview too from nyu.
my status
nbde-85
toefl-250
gpa-3.5
so all u there who got interview call,congrats.
n good luck for all waiting
i've applied in the mth of nov n still din't get any call. :(
dii u apply to other schools also ,when did u apply nyu,i applied october last year still waiting for call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile76 said:
congrats u have made it finally,all the best for ur interview :thumbup:

Thanks a lot,

rahmed

AjayDas said:
Wondering if I am the only person from SDN going on 24'th of march
hi i will come for interview on march 24 so see u there can u tell me what is ur status

My status? errrrr.. Single and looking? :D
Well, I am leaving to Delhi to attend the Visa interview on the 9'th. If I get the visa, I will be flying down to NY on the 20'th. My supporting documents are at present weighing over a kilo since I decided to take dad's and mine entire history report [since he's the one funding me] If they sell the papers to the raddhiwaalah, they might make lotsa moolah ;)
What about you gujjudent? Got the visa yet?

p.s Just realized Dad = A personal Bank provided by Nature :D :D

people who are not even in US yet are getting interview calls while students like us who come here complete masters and work for a couple of years are left high and dry. I know that the scores are very important , but what about the univ experience, work experience, and the experience of living here! I am not knocking on anyone but its really sad to see people with no experience of living here get a call! :luck:

denzel said:
its really sad to see people with no experience of living here get a call! :luck:
wondering how having an experience of living in the US is going to make me a better Dentist :confused: :confused:
As far as the work experience is concerned, At most, international dentists in the US MIGHT be allowed to do oral prophylaxis [someone correct me if I am wrong] but otherwise, without a Degree, are not allowed to touch patients while the rest who have no experience of living there, have lots of experience in their respective countries when it comes to procedues like RCTs,CDs, extractions etc etc etc.
I am not trying to say that we are better when it comes to handwork. All I am trying is to tell you that you don't have to be sad that people outside US are getting a call... Maybe they deserve it...and maybe you deserve it too. You might get a call in a few days too :luck:

inder said:
dii u apply to other schools also ,when did u apply nyu,i applied october last year still waiting for call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i applied in the last week of nov for nyu.
i did apply upenn, boston though i know they would throw my application,and it did happen got a rejection.i want to try my luck :(
so did u apply other schools,
i missed applying in the west coast cuz they had dead lines for applying by then.
recently to my surprise i got application to b completed again from nyu. i got it on feb 15th or so. when i called they confused me telling i filled international programme application and now got to fill adv placement application. i felt both rthe same. so i did send it again last week.
i only worry though i was veryy early in sending my application in nov. i had to send it again now.amy said it wouldn't effect in anyway.
did u get any calls from west coast if u have applied.

inder said:
btw what's ur status ?