Got my Part 2 scores today (2nd attempt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishpinto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 77 this time. On the first attempt I got a 74. :mad: Out of the 500 questions I got 11 more answers correct. I have no idea how they grade the test but I just wish there was a better explanation.

On the first attempt I went through the decks 2 times through and attempted to read through Mosby's one time. I didn't hit too many old tests because I ran out of time.

This last time I hit the decks 2 times through and read through the First Aid book. It just seemed to simplify things for me. I also went through a lot more released exams. I also bought the Kaplan questions and went through them online.

Breakdown of questions:
Operative: 58 Q's
Pharm: 39 Q's
Prosthodontics: 63
Oral Surg/Pain control: 57
Ortho/Pedo: 70
Endo: 38
Perio: 59
Oral Path/Radiology: 58
Patient Management: 58
Case based items: 100

Good luck to each of you studying/taking the exam soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Good God that must feel good! I took the exam for the second time 2 weeks ago. 74 the 1st time like you. I have high hopes. 77 would be fine by me.

I went through the decks twice, mosbys and released exams.

Well I got my scores for my 2nd attempt today. I got an 83. I got a 74 the 1st time. I'm stunned. I know I worked very hard, but I just can't believe it.

Re-taking this exam has made my senior year of dental school a living hell, and now it's over. Just really hard to believe.

Study hard. You can do it too.

Members don't see this ad :)
skynet,
You give me hope! My first attempt, I scored 71. I have been super nervous about taking it again but going up 4 points seems a lot! Did the test seem harder the second time (just needed to get fewer right to score higher)?

Also, were you not able to schedule the day until exactly 90 days had passed? It has been 86 days now and I am unable to get on prometric.

Thanks!

Well I got my scores for my 2nd attempt today. I got an 83. I got a 74 the 1st time. I'm stunned. I know I worked very hard, but I just can't believe it.

Re-taking this exam has made my senior year of dental school a living hell, and now it's over. Just really hard to believe.

Study hard. You can do it too.

Could you plz tell us how long did you prepare to get such a high score and what all materials did you refer?

Thanks,:luck:

How are the total questions coming out to 600? Mine did the same thing. There are 400 the first day and 100 the second day. I heard some of the questions get counted twice.

How are the total questions coming out to 600? Mine did the same thing. There are 400 the first day and 100 the second day. I heard some of the questions get counted twice.

Don't count the case based ?s, they are just showing you in order to give you an idea how you scored for the second day. The case based ?s are already separated and counted throughout all the sections, hope that makes sense.

So, I've found great support in reading the post about the retake of this board, since I also scored a 74 on my first attempt in DEC. Just recieved my scores for my second attempt today...... 84 PASS!!!!! Keep your heads up while studying everyone, you can do it. NOTE: I also studied WAY more this time around. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Wow, congrats thxsnd!!!! Can you post how you studied differently for the second time to go up so many points? Did you just find the second time around easier or were you just more prepared?

Stick to the decks and STUDY them, don't just flip through. Make notes on the things you are poor at or may forget by the time of test and review every now and then. Also, MOSBY'S was on the money with (ENDO, PEDO/ORTHO, ORAL SURG, PATIENT MANAGMENT) and for PHARM make sure you look at cardiovascular and anesthesia/sedation and know the endings of the major drugs for recall. I made sure I took my time on EVERY question this time.

I looked over the 93 test and found that there was around at least 15-20 question straight off that.

Honestly, I felt the test was MUCH harder the second time around, but if you prepare well and are confident you will be fine. There were alot more COGNITIVE type questions so TAKE YOUR TIME AND THINK.. Hope this helps. Make sure you are also in a good place mentally; be confident, take time off to study, exercise, and pray....