Got my PCAT score REALLY BUMMED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys. I took the PCAT for the first time in June 2008 and did pretty bad. Actually HORRIBLE here are my scores.

Verbal: 66
Biology: 31
Reading Comp: 47
Quantitative: 31
Chemistry: 31

Composite: 37 :eek:

I'm so embarassed of my score. I finished one year of pre-pharmacy and so far I have a 4.0 GPA. I'm definately not used to sucking this badly, I get good grades and do well on tests too and after reading a few of the other posts and seeing a lot of people getting 90s and above for their composite I'm feeling really down and discouraged about it. Since I got my last score I've been devoting at least three/four hours every day to studying for the PCAT and I plan on taking it again in August..which is coming up in two weeks.

So am I just ******ed or has anyone ever seen a 37 go to a 80 (or above) percentile. UGH...Any words of advice??

Members don't see this ad.

you shouldn't look at this forum for a realistic feel of the test, obviously people with 10-30s wouldn't normally post their scores.

yep, what the OP person said. Plenty of people did crappy or just so-so on it. (I had a 73 so it's not like I burned it up)

You said you only had 1 year of the pre-reqs so far right? So you have no o-chem, probably have no micro, maybe don't have a/p finished yet and possible haven't even had calc yet.

What are you down on yourself about again?

Imagine being some of the people that have already taken everything and scored below 50 on it.

PCAT isn't something you can just wing because you have good grades. I'm sure you've studied somewhat for it, but you probably don't know what areas to focus on.

You'll definitely need to start somewhere instead of just blindly putting your time into it, I suggest the Kaplan book for the biology. 2 weeks isn't a lot of time, but I guess if you're planning to apply in September then you can't take the October one. I strongly suggest you don't take it again in 2 weeks because that'll just be a huge blow to your confidence, and confidence is an important thing to have going in the PCAT.

Last edited:
i been studying since mid may taking the august one and i been studying literally 7-8 hours a day except on sundays and I still don't think I completely covered everything. If the test was a week later I think i'd be better off. At least spent 2-3 month on it but thats depending on how much you retain from your classes.