Got rejected by my backups and interviewed by my dream schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwankyLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this normal? :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Just feel good about it :D. Screw the backups, and say hello to the dream schools :).

SwankyLove said:

Maybe you underestimated yourself. Your backups may have rejected you because they were confindent you would get into better schools. They do this sometimes because it makes them look better not to have so many people decline an admission offer and also because it opens up interview spots for people are more likely to attend if accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
tacrum43 said:
.....backups may have rejected you because they were confindent you would get into better schools. They do this sometimes because it makes them look better not to have so many people decline an admission offer and also because it opens up interview spots for people are more likely to attend if accepted.

wow... hopefully that's true...
but if it is... it totally defeats the purpose of the match system we have in Texas... :eek:

Just don't get rejected by your dream schools.

sunny123 said:
Just feel good about it :D. Screw the backups, and say hello to the dream schools :).
I've had experience with that. Apparently if you are 1 stdev above their mean its bad ??

Pretty much happened to me. Interviewed at Baylor and UTSW, not invited to UTHSCSA or A&M.

Alexander Pink said:
Pretty much happened to me. Interviewed at Baylor and UTSW, not invited to UTHSCSA or A&M.

yeah, rejected from einstein w/out an interview (and i was interested in them; i'm a non-trad student and they seem to like non-trads) and interviewed at yale, harvard, cornell, hopkins, columbia....go figure.... :confused:

Me too, Interviewed and accepted at BU, Rejected for an interview at Drexel. Interesting.

SwankyLove said:

It must be:

I got rejected pre-secondary at Davis and interviewed at Harvard.

It's a good thing I sent in my application, laughing about my $85 donation to the adcom.

Same situation happened with me: interviewed at UCSF, accepted by UCLA, rejected by Davis post-secondary, and on hold at UCI and UCSD. Also, I was waitlisted by Temple, Jefferson, and Tulane, but accepted by Ohio State.

Same here. Accepted to U mich, interviewed/interviewing at Columbia, Cornell, U Penn. Didn't even get interviews at Tufts or Jefferson. Rejected from Georgetown.

Happened to me too...rejected from GWU, Georgetown, placed on hold at UMaryland (my state school), and interviews at Harvard/Duke/Cornell and others.