Goucher Peoples

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mr. Adventure

Oat-Packing Dadaist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a couple of questions for the Goucher post bacc'ers:

-How much are you paying for rent?

-Did you take the GRE's?

-How much volunteer time and what type did you have?

THANKS!!
 
-How much are you paying for rent?

$825/month for a 1-bedroom. But I share that with my wife; other students in the program get away with paying less by having roomates.

-Did you take the GRE's?

Yes, but that's because I did grad school before coming here. It's not required as far as I know, and probably isn't necessary unless you have a poor history on standardized tests that you need to make up for.

-How much volunteer time and what type did you have?

At the time I was admitted, I only had 3 months of volunteering a few hours/week in an ER.
 
I split a two bedroom with a roommate and we each pay about $440 a month.

Yes, I had GRE scores, but only because I took it at a time in my life when I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to end up doing.

As for clinical experience, I had essentially none. I mean, I had a ton of extracurriculars and a few of them were medically related, but no actual hands-on clinical volunteer work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the responses guys! One more for ya:

Are any of you working or are private and federal aid covering it all? The course-load coupled with volunteer time seems so heavy that there would be little time to have a job...
 
That's kinda what I figured. Good to have a wife to co-sign for the private loans I'll be taking out if I get accepted...