Just finished the application process for Goucher/Bryn Mawr/Scripps — AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldsandiaz

Reaction score
I’m just creating this thread to answer any questions folks might have about each of these 3 programs. I did not know anyone who completed any of these programs, and I felt like it might’ve been helpful as I was applying and trying to decide. So please AMA about the application, the interview process, pros/cons, and the general vibes that I got from each school.

I was fortunate enough to receive an offer from all 3 programs. I’m not going to pretend that I know what they’re looking for and why I was accepted. I do get the sense that they’re looking for applicants that they know will be successful in a med school admissions cycle. Given that half of each cohort ends up linking and the UG GPA requirements for the top linkages tend to be high, you can then assume that at least half the class has above a 3.5 UG GPA.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for doing this my friend. Can I begin by asking what your stats and resume looked like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just creating this thread to answer any questions folks might have about each of these 3 programs. I did not know anyone who completed any of these programs, and I felt like it might’ve been helpful as I was applying and trying to decide. So please AMA about the application, the interview process, pros/cons, and the general vibes that I got from each school.

I was fortunate enough to receive an offer from all 3 programs. I’m not going to pretend that I know what they’re looking for and why I was accepted. I do get the sense that they’re looking for applicants that they know will be successful in a med school admissions cycle. Given that half of each cohort ends up linking and the UG GPA requirements for the top linkages tend to be high, you can then assume that at least half the class has above a 3.5 UG GPA.

Good luck!
How long after you completed your application did you hear anything from Scripps? My application was verified and received on 11/9 and I’m anxious to hear.

How long after you completed your application did you hear anything from Scripps? My application was verified and received on 11/9 and I’m anxious to hear.

My application was also acknowledged on 11/9 and I got an interview invite today.

Reactions: 1 user
Scripps took about a month to get back to me.

Scripps took about a month to get back to me.
Can I bug you about how the interview process was? I have not heard anything back from them (hopefully I hear soon) but would like to be prepared for if/when I hear back from them.

My prior academic record was not the strongest, but I have ten years of nursing experience along with military and volunteer and current academic success so I'm praying that will be enough!

Thanks!

Can I bug you about how the interview process was? I have not heard anything back from them (hopefully I hear soon) but would like to be prepared for if/when I hear back from them.

My prior academic record was not the strongest, but I have ten years of nursing experience along with military and volunteer and current academic success so I'm praying that will be enough!

Thanks!
The questions were very specific to the app and my essays, but the underlying themes were related to resilience, the ability to handle the work, and interest. They also asked "Why Scripps" and there was a question or two about additional things I'd like to do outside of academics during the program.

Personally, the best part was meeting some of the students prior to the interview. It gave me an excellent sense of what they're looking for in building a class.