GP training for international medical graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imgyg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I understand that GP training for IMGs means we must train by the rural pathway.

If so, can we accredit previous employment towards training time? Eg jobs as a doctor in australia in medicine/emergency. (Be they pre or post general registration.) In order to shorten the training duration

Members don't see this ad.

You started a similar thread before on this same question. to follow-up, were you able to get a response on this from the College directly?

If you haven't, at this point I'd highly suggest contacting the Royal College of General Practitioners directly and inquiring with them.
From their FAQ: For RACGP selection enquiries please email [email protected] or call 1800 472 247.
Or alternatively, try ACRRM.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. I have emailed them at the address above a week ago but received no response. I might try ACRRM

Members don't see this ad :)
You started a similar thread before on this same question. to follow-up, were you able to get a response on this from the College directly?

If you haven't, at this point I'd highly suggest contacting the Royal College of General Practitioners directly and inquiring with them.
From their FAQ: For RACGP selection enquiries please email [email protected] or call 1800 472 247.
Or alternatively, try ACRRM.

So here is the response I got from accrm. To be honest I'm struggling to make sense of it. Can anyone decipher?

For the AGPT / RVTS programs you apply through your RTO and will only be granted up to 24 months and only 12 months can be in the Primary Rural and Remote time

So here is the response I got from accrm. To be honest I'm struggling to make sense of it. Can anyone decipher?

For the AGPT / RVTS programs you apply through your RTO and will only be granted up to 24 months and only 12 months can be in the Primary Rural and Remote time

Forgot a paragraph

The Independent Pathway will recognise up to 36 months with a maximum of 12 months in the Primary Rural and Remote time. This is applied for prior to applications opening for the next cohort

I'm a PGY2. So unfortunately, I'm not going to be part of the "anyone able to decipher" for you.

Isn't there anyone you can speak to directly over the phone to ask specific questions to, or any GP around you can chat to where you work? I'm a bit confused as to why you only want to use email.

I'm a PGY2. So unfortunately, I'm not going to be part of the "anyone able to decipher" for you.

Isn't there anyone you can speak to directly over the phone to ask specific questions to, or any GP around you can chat to where you work? I'm a bit confused as to why you only want to use email.

Hi Domperidone. I can't call as not currently in Aus