GPA 3.55, MCAT 28R and 29S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flustered

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a graduating senior this year and my plan was to apply to medical school in June. Although my GPA is a 3.55 and I got a 29S (VR 8, PS 9 BS 12) on my first MCAT and a 28R (VR 7 PS 11 BS 10) on my second MCAT. My stats are obviously not stellar but I have great ECs. I am working in a lab and working on a paper that will be published soon, I am head of a huge student run class and internship programs on campus, and I have been part of various community volunteer programs as well as shadowed doctors and all of that.

I am considering DO schools for sure but I am just pretty lost about what to do about MD schools and what my chances are and everything.

Members don't see this ad.

English is my first language. My problem is that I'm a very nervous test taker and in both cases I have thought I did really badly in the physical sciences section and then that carries over to the verbal. My SAT scores were also under the average for my university but I had a GPA to carry me that time. Actually, I have done well in my other English classes in college.

My BPMC GPA is a 3.43.

Any advice would be really great.

Members don't see this ad :)
English is my first language. My problem is that I'm a very nervous test taker and in both cases I have thought I did really badly in the physical sciences section and then that carries over to the verbal. My SAT scores were also under the average for my university but I had a GPA to carry me that time. Actually, I have done well in my other English classes in college.

My BPMC GPA is a 3.43.

Any advice would be really great.

Oh also in terms of my year by year grades, I did really well freshman year and then dropped a little both sophomore and junior year but my grades have improved significantly my senior year.