GPA, Application questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sshashid87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had a few questions about calculating my GPA for AMCAS (I'm applying next year, but I just want to know where I stand right now)...I'm using some Excel AMCAS calculator, but I'm not sure which classes actually count for BCMP...I took three classes from College of Public Health, etc...they were Survey of Human Diseases, Foundations of Public Health Immunology, Introduction to Public Health...For now, I haven't listed them as BCMP since they all have HSA, or HSC prefixes...am I correct in doing this? They are electives to graduate with a Biomedical Sciences degree, but I don't think they are actually BCMP? Anyone have any idea, it's much appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, sometimes they count, sometimes they don't. For example, at my school, courses with a 'NEURO' prefix count as science (as they should obviously), but HSA and HSC could go either way.

I'd make your best guess regarding what they are based on the content of the courses and what you learned. AMCAS will change it if they disagree.

Hi, I had a few questions about calculating my GPA for AMCAS (I'm applying next year, but I just want to know where I stand right now)...I'm using some Excel AMCAS calculator...<snip>

Just as a heads up, if you're using the more popular one, I should warn you that it came up with numbers different from what AMCAS actually calculated.

You know, you could email AMCAS and ask!